Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Field Day logging software  (Read 3165 times)
W1CGM

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »

I am looking for a good (possibly free) logging program for Field Day. I believe that CT is no longer active, and we used N1MM with mixed reviews.
Carl...W1CGM
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »

Our club has used N3FJP's field day program last several years.  Works very well, easy for people to step up and use.  Cheap.
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 03:49:34 AM »

Just curious -- what were the issues with N1MM that created the "mixed reviews"?
In the contesting community, it's generally acknowledged (along with WriteLog) to be just about the best there is.
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 05:23:26 AM »

N3FJP is the gold standard for FD, IMHO. Here's why:

1) It's very inexpensive. A trip to McD's costs more.

2) It's all set up for networked operation. You can see group results from any computer on the network.

3) It will run on almost any Windoze computers you can get. Even old Win95 boxes. Easy to set up.

4) It's very easy for non-contesters to learn, yet has features for the more-experienced.

73 de Jim, N2EY
N7NSL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 09:51:34 AM »

N7NSL

We used N3FJP for the first time this year. We tried the network version but had troubles (ours - not the program) with Windows 7 not playing well with Windows XP.

N3FJP was easy to use for even the least computer savy of us.  It corrected for any dupes printed out a great summary!

Ted Ivester, N7NSL
K0RGR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 11:27:36 AM »

I run the GOTA station every year for my club, and I use N3FJP for that. N3FJP has some nice features that make it perfect for GOTA. You can pull up a map of all the ARRL sections, and it will show which ones have been worked - that's fun for the kids. It also gives you a quick graphical representation of how you're doing. This year, we made lots of contacts, but most of them were on 15, so we didn't work the sections closest to us! You pay a one time charge for N3FJP's programs, so keep your license key for future years.

I believe the other Field Day stations for our club use WriteLog, but I haven't used it much.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 06:46:30 PM »

hi,

If you register any of N3FJP software and decide
to upgrade to the package, Scott will apply any
payments to the cost of the package.

http://www.n3fjp.com/

73 james
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 10:29:18 PM »

I recommend N3FJP's software.  I have paid for the licenses for the entire software suite.  Scott is always very helpful if  you have any questions about the software.

Mike KU4UV
W6CD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 10:03:31 PM »

N1MM used for FD the last couple three years.  Works well, reliable, simple entry interface, free.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: