Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer Display Mounting  (Read 1574 times)
K7LY

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2011, 11:05:50 AM »

I am rebuilding my station shelving and have a question on mounting the computer displays (3 ea.).  I would like to mount them so that they are enclosed by the shelving/dividers...and not on the standard display mounts.  Sort of like a "built-in" look rather than the regular display mounts which are 3 inches or so above the shelf surface.  I seen pictures of displays with this built-in look and would like to duplicate it.  Hope this question is clear enough.  Thank you for any ideas that you may have.
Jerry France
K7LY
Lake Havasu City, AZ
KC9IFF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:55:57 PM »

Do you have flat-panel LCD monitors or large CRT monitors?

Most LCD monitors can be mounted on a universal "Vesa Mount" system.  Check the documentation on your monitors to determine which Vesa form-factor your monitors can connect onto, and then search for mounts of that size.  Make sure you get the correct size for your monitor, because there are many different sizes:
http://www.mountcenter.com/VESA-Mount-Standards-s/367.htm

N4OGW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 07:45:08 AM »

It is also very easy to homebrew a mount for a flat-panel display: just get some aluminum angle stock and metric screws matching the monitor. If you are trying to build into a specific cabinet, this can be easier that trying to buy a vesa mount.

Tor
N4OGW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: