Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cushcrafyt R5 vertical  (Read 456 times)
VE4AAZ

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2011, 05:25:56 AM »

I`m re-installing a  R5 vertical  and  have  several questions .  The  model  I have was purchased in 2000 new . Was taken down in 2007 because of a  re-roof. Can  anyone here  tell me  if  I  change the  X-HAT solid  3/8 elements that got  broken  to  5/16th Alum Tubing stock  will it make the  antenna change its perforance?
The other question is the downloaded assembly manual has the A dimension as 132inch, the B as  7 inch , C as  4 inch  and  D  as 10 inch. Can someone  verify that these are the  correct dimensions for the  R 5 vertical? The  antenna  will be  placed on a metal  pole  8 meters above the  ground. Is there any  one of the dimenisions that  may need adjustment given the installation height. I ask this   cause  I had the D dimension at 16  inches from a note I made to myself  but all others  were as the  installation directions.

Thanks
Bill
VE4AAZ
VE4BLB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 06:54:14 AM »

Bill, you can get 3/8 rod and thread it to make rods as original. I fear that the adapter required to use tubing may change the characteristics. I know my R8 is very sensitive to this.
As far as the dimensions go, call cushcraft. They know the correct figures.
73 de me BLB

73 de me BLB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: