Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital software preference  (Read 1464 times)
N9IAG

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »

For HF Digital modes (psk-31, rtty, cw, etc) pleas list you preferred software package and why.
WB6THE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »

FLDIGI is a nice program which seems to cover most of the
digital modes. It is easily configurable.

If one only cares about PSK then DIGIPAN is my choice.
For Slowscan TV MMSSTV is the winner.

#########
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 06:40:10 PM »

hi,

I use Digipan, MMTTY and MMSSTV.

I also tried Airlink Express (no sstv)

http://www.airlinkexpress.org/index.html

Easy to learn and once you outgrow them
you can try HRD DM780, it does it all.

http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/

73 james
KB6HOH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:34:25 PM »

OK let me thru in my 2.5cents worth.

I have been playing with the various Digital Modes since 1985 when 1st licensed.
I have tried most them with a few exceptions. Having been involved with Army MARS I was always wanting to try out new modes and programs. After going from RTTY to Amtor, Pactor and soforth and then into the Sound Cards programs way back when.
Now my main interest is in MultiMode programs.
I have used the following programs:
DigiPan - Good program for the new user if all they are interested in is PSK31 or just want to get their feet wet. Easy to setup and operate.

MixW - It was a good program when it 1st came out. (1st MultiMode program)
Not much in the way of support and development in the last few years with a few exceptions. (I am not paying more Money for a program that is not up to date)

MultiPSK - Its OK. The screen it not very friendly for the new User and it's way to cluttered. Setup is not for the faint of heart new user!

Airlink Express - Another OK program. Supports PSK, QPSK,  MFSK and RTTY.

PSK Express - Another OK program. Supports PSK31, PSK63, PSK125, MFSK8 and MFSK16.

HRD/DM780 - Probably one of the Best All Modes and do just about all features that you can find.  My only complaint is you need a good fast CPU and as much memory as you can cram into the PC, atleast 2gb or more. Great Support!

Fldigi - I have used FLdigi on and off since it came out. Over the last yr or 2 I have been testing it and using it in everyday. Now I have been involved with Emcomm (RACES) since 1985. None of the other programs are suited for this purpose BUT FLdigi. I have been actually Promoting FLdigi/NBEMS (Narrow Band Emergency Messaging System) as well as Training and Elmering those users who are interested.
Fldigi along with Flwrap and FLmsg make up the bulk of the NBEMS. I also try to steer new users away from DigiPan and into FLdigi as I feel they will get more out of it and have more fun. I enjoy helping the new users and even have a Yahoo User Group up and running for just this and also use Skype VOIP and its screen sharing capability as well as Teamviewer to access their Windows PC if they have a problem.
Well I guess that's more than 2.5cents worth. Anyway have fun and see you on the Waterfall. IMHO! OH BTW! Great support for FLdigi!

73 de Steve KB6HOH
                                 kb6hoh@comcast.net
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 06:45:34 AM »

Although you will have to spend a little time learning it, DM780 is my favorite.  I started out with DigiPan for PSK31 just to get my feet wet.  Then when I had the time, I loaded DM780 and put some effort into learning it.  It appears much more intimidating than it really is.  It has fantastic mode support, fully integrated logger and rig control.  There are other good packages out there, but this is the one I prefer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: