Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a Free CW Trainer?  (Read 716 times)
W7KKK

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2002, 03:21:53 PM »

I found an older post on CW trainers that had me go to
http://www.g4fon.co.uk/ Here you can download (about 1 Meg+) a simple to operate trainer that allows you to vary many things for practice.
It uses the Farnsworth Method and goes from 15~50 WPM. You can increase noise and decrease the signal level, ad chirp and even QSB. You can receive at full, 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4 speed rates. You also have a choice of random letters/numbers etc. to sample QSOs or commonly used words. You can start with 2 letters and work up from there.
It has really helped me and is great for someone who needs to learn the code.
Pass it along, it's hard to get anything for free today!!

73 Ken
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 03:45:44 PM »

I have talked with G4FON about his program and it is a super way to learn code, it is called the Koch meathod, and it works, you start with 2 letters and copy on paper until you make 90% then add a letter, you do this at 20 wpm, untill you have done all the characters, numbers and prosigns.  When you have learned the code, you have learned it at 20 wpm, and 5 wpm will put you to sleep on the test at the VE session, really, try it you will be amazed. it is absoully the BEST for this of any one I have tried.  tom N6AJR
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 03:46:05 PM »

I have talked with G4FON about his program and it is a super way to learn code, it is called the Koch meathod, and it works, you start with 2 letters and copy on paper until you make 90% then add a letter, you do this at 20 wpm, untill you have done all the characters, numbers and prosigns.  When you have learned the code, you have learned it at 20 wpm, and 5 wpm will put you to sleep on the test at the VE session, really, try it you will be amazed. it is absoully the BEST for this of any one I have tried.  tom N6AJR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: