Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anchor bolt spacing  (Read 2680 times)
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 01:33:30 PM »

. Would you take advise on folding a parachuting from someone who has never owned one?  Roll Eyes

Yeah, if he was an Army Parachute Rigger.....    Grin
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 05:59:10 PM »

I would make an exception for that, if they made him jump with his own folded chutes first to make sure he knew what he was doing!  Wink
VP9HW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 09:50:31 AM »

Hi everybody,
Many thanks for all the advice. I'll check up on all the info and go from there.
73 de Steve
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 10:41:03 AM »

It must be the summer of "snipes and trolls". The heat must be affecting people's brains.

I have had the misfortune of getting an antenna baseplate that had different hole spacing than what was on the drawings. Fortunately we were able to drill out to the new pattern.

It is a real big problem if it is one of those big, three legged designs where the fabricators have a bunch of +/- tolerances and/or the thing gets bounced around on the back of a truck until the legs are not true. Had that happen too when a forklift driver did not lift the load using the pallet but drove the tines through the tower sections to do the lifting. It warped quite a few tower sections. Our shipping guy did not know what to look for when inspecting that for damages and it sat in our warehouse for more than a month before we carted it out to the field for an installation. It was a real problem to get the shipping company to come back out and file a claim as so much time had passed. The antenna company (Trylon) shipped us replacement parts and we were able to bolt in new crosspieces.

I have preferred the embedded base section method of tower support. Not on a round leg tower where there is a void that water can collect in but on things like a Trylon free standing where a 5' base section is embedded in the concrete and rebar.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: