Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamming 4 Jesus  (Read 4483 times)
WX4QN

Ignore
« on: July 18, 2011, 06:08:08 AM »

Does anyone know the callsign of the unidentified "street preacher" who operated for over 2 hours on 14.313 last night?

His comments reminded me of another "street preacher" who once claimed to have seen angels and visions...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_David_Mitchell

The "street preacher" on 14.313 last night was very adept at quoting Scripture and applying it to amateur radio operators

who were legally identifying their stations and attempting to carry on a conversation with each other.

The "street preacher" refused numerous requests for his callsign and launched into some rather meaningless and verbose tirades

against 2 amateur licensees when asked for his callsign.

Is this what amateur radio has evolved into, mentally and emotionally disturbed individuals taking over the spectrum who

blatantly ignore and snub their noses at FCC rules and regulations?

If so, it is no wonder that 2 of my 3 children want nothing to do with the ham bands.

KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:40:07 AM »

Its 313...its never going away.  Frankly...it seems to be staying on that one frequency and I see that as the best of a bad situation. 

N0SYA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 07:44:53 AM »

If you have a vfo, you may find relief by employing it.

If you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 08:43:03 AM »

"Is this what amateur radio has evolved into"

No, this is not about amateur radio.  There have always been entitled and mentally unbalanced people on this planet.  They're everywhere and it's unfair to conclude this is about amateur radio.  I see them on other internet forums, or when I drive, or when I go to the grocery store.  Fortunately good people outnumber these cretins. 

I'm always amused by so-called religious people who violate rules, laws, or social decorum in the name of religion.
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 04:27:01 PM »

Simple answer. If this fellow is on all the time, ham operators police the ham bands for the FCC. If the fellow is breaking the rules turn him in to the FCC. He should be easy to catch if he is on the same frequency all the time. A visit from the FCC or a letter from the FCC should turn This joker off, unless he has infinite funds to pay fines.

73s
K2OWK
VE7DCW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 09:23:03 PM »

Does anyone know the callsign of the unidentified "street preacher" who operated for over 2 hours on 14.313 last night?

His comments reminded me of another "street preacher" who once claimed to have seen angels and visions...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_David_Mitchell

The "street preacher" on 14.313 last night was very adept at quoting Scripture and applying it to amateur radio operators

who were legally identifying their stations and attempting to carry on a conversation with each other.

The "street preacher" refused numerous requests for his callsign and launched into some rather meaningless and verbose tirades

against 2 amateur licensees when asked for his callsign.

Is this what amateur radio has evolved into, mentally and emotionally disturbed individuals taking over the spectrum who

blatantly ignore and snub their noses at FCC rules and regulations?

If so, it is no wonder that 2 of my 3 children want nothing to do with the ham bands.

I believe I may have heard this fellow,was he the individual who transmitted for hours without the bother of identifying?
14.313 has an usual power to attract the likes of Donny N4TAT, David WA1BHV and head bizarro himself Karol VE7KFM! I suppose religious whacko's would probably have been the next logical nut category to try and call that frequency "home".I too now believe that the U.S. FCC will tolerate these nutbars as long as they confine themselves to 313. Sort of like having all the fruits in one basket
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 01:31:22 AM »

"Is this what amateur radio has evolved into"

No, this is not about amateur radio.  There have always been entitled and mentally unbalanced people on this planet.  They're everywhere and it's unfair to conclude this is about amateur radio.  I see them on other internet forums, or when I drive, or when I go to the grocery store.  Fortunately good people outnumber these cretins. 

I'm always amused by so-called religious people who violate rules, laws, or social decorum in the name of religion.

While I totally agree that 14.313 is not the venue which a person of faith should use to promote his ideas, your amusement would, by extension extend to "so called religious people" such as Jesus, who was a well know flaunter of the rules, overturner of tables in the temple, and general all round violator of the social decorum in his day.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 06:41:15 AM »

No, just those who use religion as a basis for promoting bigotry and hatred, like the Westboro Baptist Church.  Or those who think laws don't apply to them because of their beliefs.
AK4KZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 07:57:47 AM »

At the risk of sounding blasphemous to the rules... I have to say that the whole .313 is kind of entertaining sometimes. I wouldn't want it to spread by any means. But, you know, when you're tired of hearing yet another person brag about the size of their antenna and you don't really want to "talk" to anyone, dropping into .313 has proven amusing on more than one occasion. It's like the ham version of reality TV where people behave badly and completely outside of the realm of civility (and usually, reality). It's like "radio slumming".

And, as was stated earlier, the VFO works like a champ when you've had enough.

I'm not condoning their behavior. But I don't get too spun up about it. Sometimes, I try to make a game out of it and figure out who's who on the "wacky" scale. There are good guys. And bad guys. The plot's a little obscure sometimes. The only thing missing are commercial breaks.. but that would be against the rules.  Wink

Chris (KJ4YWJ)
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 12:40:55 PM »

It would be a great exercise for a bunch of dedicated amateurs who have rhombic arrays to DF these guys. It would at least get you in the right part of the country, then you could run around with small loop antennas and find them.

I have seen some DF work done by folks in the past. If you could isolate the particular person/ home then start petitioning the FCC for enforcement actions.

Some are going to be obstinate (like our wacko friend up in the northeast part of the country, practically in Canada) and fight the FCC tooth and nail. I doubt many people want a visit from the FBI or even a nasty letter from whatever legal authority there may be.

Tisha Hayes, AA4HA

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 11:32:13 AM »

Great idea!
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 01:14:45 PM »

It would be a great exercise for a bunch of dedicated amateurs who have rhombic arrays to DF these guys. It would at least get you in the right part of the country, then you could run around with small loop antennas and find them.

Are you kidding? They are so obsessed with messing with each other that they've already stalked one another and posted each others personal information on their respective websites haha.

WX4QN

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 02:12:53 PM »

Are you kidding? They are so obsessed with messing with each other that they've already stalked one another and posted each others personal information on their respective websites haha.

UPDATE:

The FCC identified the "street preacher" through the monitoring station in Maryland and has contacted him.

Unfortunately, he was helplessly inebriated when contacted at 9 o'clock in the morning.

AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 05:33:29 PM »

Unfortunately, he was helplessly inebriated when contacted at 9 o'clock in the morning.
Hehehe, that's rich, plastered before 10 AM.
Must be 5 PM SOMEWHERE! Grin

"Wine...The gift of God to gladden the hearts of men"
~Psalms 104:15

KG4LMZ

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »

"Wine...The gift of God to gladden the hearts of men"
~Psalms 104:15

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: