Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homemade Key Plans  (Read 1953 times)
KB1HJW

Ignore
« on: November 27, 2001, 01:45:52 PM »

I remember (way) back in Boy Scouts having plans for a homemade Morse Code key. Of course you needed two and a dry cell battery in between. Anyway, are there plans out there for a homemade CW key? I'd love to make one just for the experience and nostalgia.
KC2ISO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2001, 05:19:22 AM »

I remember finding a site that went into detail of making a bug. However the person who made the bug used parts that where laying around, which would make it difficult for the rest of us to find. I was forced into making my own without the help of plans. I went to homedepot and picked up a brick strap, there used to hold the bricks that are stacked on top of the palette. It's nothing more then a thin piece of metal. Homedepot and the like throw them away after the palette is empty. This stuff is perfect for homebrewing your own keys. I have made about 6 keys with this stuff. Everyone loves them :^) If you need a pic. let me know.
73's
W8BBS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2002, 09:27:50 AM »

I realize this is an old post, and I don't know if you'll see my reply, but while surfing the net I ran accross:
http://www.chss.montclair.edu/~pererat/perbuild.htm
where there are plans for homemade keys.

bruce W8BBS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: