Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America? or Nazi Germany?  (Read 7641 times)
KF5LNH

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:54:38 PM »

I just got into Ham Radio, because a fine man passed away, and left me his whole shack. I joined your group to gain knowledge about the hobby, but all I see is a bunch of whiny folks who want to ban this person, or delete this post or that, for various reasons. If YOU don't like someone because they are selling a CB linear.....DON'T go to that posting. Running to the admin and whining like a 3 yr old makes you look just like that....a 3 yr old. I have been in the Logistics business for 28 yrs, and we have a saying:

Whats the difference between a truck driver and a puppy?

After 6 weeks the puppy stops whining.

You can now apply that to some Hams.

Shame on all of you who try to censure or play God just because you have a piece of paper saying you are "King of YOUR Airwaves". Some of you need to remember thats the World's Airwaves belongs to ALL....not just you.

Be nice....or just shut up about it.

Scott Hunter
Conway, Ar
KF5LNH
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:53:01 AM »

To address your choice of subject line: This is a privately owned system and therefore constitutional free-speech rights do not apply here.  They can do whatever they want to anyones thread for any (or no) reason at all.

Second, they only delete threads that violate the rules, regardless of who whines about them.  If your thread was deleted, it was because it broke the rules.

Thirdly, it is illegal to sell linear amplifiers for the CB band...so if that was included in any "for sale" thread, that explains why it was deleted.

Personally, I love the irony of you calling names, making stupid jokes, and telling people to shut up...while in the same breath telling people to be nice.  Priceless.

N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 07:10:03 AM »

Shame on all of you who try to censure or play God just because you have a piece of paper saying you are "King of YOUR Airwaves". Some of you need to remember that's the World's Airwaves belongs to ALL....not just you.

Be nice....or just shut up about it.

Just because the "airwaves" are a public resource does not mean that everybody can use them however they want, or that rules against using amplifiers on CB can be ignored.  That's like saying the highway system belongs to all of us and I don't have to get a driver's license or obey traffic laws.

Agree totally with TXK, it is ironic that you tell people to be nice and shut up in the same post. 
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:45:28 AM »

Post #1. Hey... you're off to a great start!
KF5LNH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 08:43:33 AM »

Just feeding you people the same "Holier-than-Thou" that some of you do. I had nothing deleted, but don't believe in censuring anyone. Private forum or not, this is still a free Country, and you shouldn't be the airwave police if someone wants to sell something....even something you deem to be "illegal"(Heaven forbid) As far as mentioning the Constitution and how it doesn't apply in here.......

I rest my case on Nazi Germany.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »

Just feeding you people the same "Holier-than-Thou" that some of you do. I had nothing deleted, but don't believe in censuring anyone. Private forum or not, this is still a free Country, and you shouldn't be the airwave police if someone wants to sell something....even something you deem to be "illegal"(Heaven forbid) As far as mentioning the Constitution and how it doesn't apply in here.......

I rest my case on Nazi Germany.

You really aren't a very smart person. Or at least you suck at articulating your point.  Read up on how the world works, then get back to us.

Okay that may have been a bit harsh. The fact remains that CB amps are illegal. If you don't like it, start a dialog w/ your US representative and try to get the law changed. Until then, selling CB amps are still illegal and you should expect negative response to trying to sell them.  

Also, check out some WW2 history and see why you claiming this is all "Nazi Germany" is beyond ludicrous.

EDIT2: On top of that, if you don't like the laws in this country, there is an entire planet to explore. Maybe you'll find a country that is more to your liking. Like Estonia or Romania.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:31:40 AM by KB1TXK » Logged

K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 10:12:52 AM »

Hey Scott, required reading.  Pick up a copy before you get on the air.
http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671723650
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 10:17:43 AM »

I love it; yet another new ham with the ink not yet dry on his license presuming to correct all the ills of the ham world.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 10:26:04 AM »

I love it; yet another new ham with the ink not yet dry on his license presuming to correct all the ills of the ham world.

But...but...just because CB amps are illegal doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to sell one!  

Thats the part I'm trying to figure out.  He's whining about people being CENSORED (BTW Scott, thats the correct word to use) but then states none of his posts have been removed.  He complains about people acting holier-than-thou towards him but he only has 2 posts.

Then he is adamant on people leaving others alone about selling CB amps. And he's in the trucking business. Trying to unload your illegal amps now that there is a chance you could be held responsible for using them?

BUT...we should feel sorry about the ham who died and left him the entire shack. I assume sympathy/pity is the reason for him mentioning that because it otherwise has nothing to do with whatever point it is he is trying to make.

He wants freedom but also wants to tell people how to behave. Descends into name calling and ends it w/ telling people to be nice.

Claims free speech on a privately owned computer system.  Has no idea how anything in this country works, yet is pulling the "its a free America" card.  

Paper patriot...gotta love em
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:30:32 AM by KB1TXK » Logged

SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 11:00:33 AM »

Scott,
What a DWEEB you are ! You weirdo ! I guess that's what happens when you mountain people breed with your cousins !
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 11:09:46 AM »

SWMAN: Meanie. What did his cousins ever do to you?

RUSTYSTUFF

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 11:33:38 AM »

Calling us all nazi's might be a bit harsh, I sure havent seen hams murder millions yet.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »

Hamocaust

HAMMYGUY

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

I can understand his frustration with various elements on ham radio. The more obvious ones hang out on  14.270, 14.313, and several other more regional frequencies who play the bad hams gone to the dark side.  They get their cheap thrills on acting like bratty neighborhood bullies to anybody who dares to enter their sanctum. 

Then we have the strictly legal by the book types who WILL tell you if you even make the slightest hint of a transgression.  Asking about CB amps, using CB lingo, or even a slight operating irregularity will bring down the wrath.  This is the type that will get his panties in a wad if he hears a CQ on FM.  Even though it's perfectly OK to use CQ on any other mode.  What the new hams don't know this?  Too bad he does and he will make it known by being a complete jerk to the newbies. 

Then you have the other 99.99 percent of hams who are normal working retired guys and gals who enjoy ham radio for what it is...a hobby.  These types enjoy all the numerous operating modes and challenges that ham radio offers.  They also welcome new people.  Some are a bit shy on pressing the old transmit button, but once you get the them talking you'll find out what fine people they are. 

Scott please don't base your opinion of ham radio based on a few websites.  The Internet anonymity brings out the worst of most people.  It's not strictly a ham radio phenomena.  Get out and meet a few locals, you might be surprised.   

W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 01:56:03 PM »

Scott please don't base your opinion of ham radio based on a few websites.  The Internet anonymity brings out the worst of most people.  It's not strictly a ham radio phenomena.  Get out and meet a few locals, you might be surprised.   

The guy has been a ham for a month; he doesn't have enough experience with the ham community, either online or on the air, to have an opinion that matters.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: