Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America? or Nazi Germany?  (Read 7571 times)
RFDOG

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 02:32:43 PM »

Scott. The "fine man" who passed away, would never have condoned your rash and ignorant posting.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »

Are you talking about Hitler?  Huh
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 08:17:48 AM »

If YOU don't like someone because they are selling a CB linear.....DON'T go to that posting. Running to the admin and whining like a 3 yr old makes you look just like that....a 3 yr old.

Hi,

It is unclear to me what happened to you or where on the site this occurred - since you mention selling
a linear I am guessing you posted something in the classified section.  That area is handled very well by another person so I rarely am involved in anything that happens with classifieds.  Anyway I am sorry that you have been having a poor experience here on eHam.  I well know there are people that are poor with people skills on the internet - I see it all the time and not just here on eHam or amateur radio sites - but everywhere.  I hope that you do not think we are all like those few vocal ones you have so far encountered.  I have been in love with amateur radio since at leaset 1976 when I was 12 years old.  It has been great to me in many ways and often beyond the radio part.

If I can make your visits to eHam better please let me know.

George
K5TR
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 09:40:07 AM »

CB has been a gateway to ham radio for many over the past half century.

There has always been friction when ex-CB'er-new-hams discover what is the holy grail of CB'ing (for example a crappy IMD-across-the-spectrum kw amp) is a scarlet letter of shame in the ham community.

But things eventually sort themselves out.

Personally I think that ham sites, organizations, clubs, and now websites have to show accomodation towards the ex-CB'ers - but they do have to draw the line at illegal amps and certainly have to shut down any sales or ads related to illegal amps. Couching the illegal amp behind a couple layers of nonsense doesn't stop it being an illegal amp.

The guy has been a ham for a month; he doesn't have enough experience with the ham community, either online or on the air, to have an opinion that matters.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »

I love it; yet another new ham with the ink not yet dry on his license presuming to correct all the ills of the ham world.

Lon, you commie !    LOL
N2OBM

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 05:56:59 AM »

Scott,

I feel ya. BUT, you need to go to stress management.

I have had my fair share of 'he is not one of us' (my membership had lapsed while I was deployed) from the club 'holier than thou' CLICK. Later when I renewed, all was fine.

Then membership started to drop off (I wonder why). Some folks from the CB crowd showed up interested in expanding their knowledge. Talk about a ethical dilemma. The CLICK didn't know what to do.

I stepped forward and merely talked to the 5 guys. Approached them like they were just anybody off the street. Three meetings later, they had tickets, were members of the club and actually realized a new horizons available to them.

THEN came the day several showed up at the yearly fest and they tried to 'unload' the sweep tube amps, the radios with the extra switches in the back and some antennas.

After a quick intervention....all the amps were 'modified'....not operational, parts only (mono-band tank coils removed). The radios were pulled off the shelf and these guys actually decided to crush them. A couple took the extra switches off (this was before the 'for export radios' hit the market).

One of the CLICK actually bought one of the amps for the amazingly good quality and hefty transformer which now powers his Dentron L which was hit by Zeus.

Relax Scott....don't burn the bridges....if you care, these guys may have alto of knowledge and all hams love to wear it on everyone else's nose. Suck their brains, learn without spending your money foolishly....

My absorption of FREE information, and a little Tech school, has driven my career!

DISCLAIMER: Scott, I get pissed too...I hate frequency coordinators in this hobby. I think they have it all wrong....I am but one. Add to that, my current location...I am frustrated. Recoup, rethink...catch you on the air.

AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 07:56:56 AM »

Whats the difference between a truck driver and a puppy?

After 6 weeks the puppy stops whining.

You can now apply that to some Hams.

Shame on all of you who try to censure or play God just because you have a piece of paper saying you are "King of YOUR Airwaves". Some of you need to remember thats the World's Airwaves belongs to ALL....not just you.

Be nice....or just shut up about it.
I don't get it, are we the truck drivers or the puppies? <s>
I have seen a puppy operate a 1KW amplifier on 11 meters, it was a terrible, terrible sight. I had nightmares for years.

Your funny! I think you are going to fit in just fine. You should look up the definition of a LID.

There have been others like you who come aboard the hobby with definite ideas on what should be allowed and where. Under our licenses we are prohibited from many activities and to a certain extent, we give up the ability to claim ignorance of the law in regards to proper operating practices, frequency allocations and power levels (remember all of those questions on the test?). Now you have "something to lose", not just your license that you may have only spent an afternoon studying for but something intangible to you at this time.

There is 102 years of history behind amateur radio and for many of us it has a reputation that we try to maintain. By sliding into the morass of illegal operations we lose any distinction that separates us from the ignorant and the uninformed. With time you may learn to appreciate that distinction... of what makes amateur radio different than CB radio other than a bunch of frequencies and funny call signs.

To quote:
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member."
-Groucho Marx

Reeelax... take deep breaths, count to a hundred, practice transcendental meditation, try Prozac.

Tisha Hayes
AA4HA

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 02:57:38 PM »

Scott,  Here's something else for you to think about--from another prospective.

First, this is the internet, it is NOT ham radio.  On the internet things are done AND HANDLED differently.  A site owner who lets his site be used for illegal purposes can be prosecuted.  THAT is the main reason that illegalities aren't tolerated on most websites.  Also, websites are PRIVATELY owned and operated.  Even if you're allowed to visit them, they're STILL privately owned--and as such, the site owner can do AS HE OR SHE PLEASES--not as how YOU want things to be done.

Secondly, if you do get on the ham bands, you will find that people therre are more or less polite and helpful.  The ham bands are NOT the internet, yet you STILL have to obey the law and the rules and regs.

If you want to get on the bands, I humbly suggest you stop the whining and the deafening shouting that you did at the beginning of this thread and enjoy yourself.  If you want to stay on the internet, get ready for a rude awakening--again, even though this IS a ham radio website, IT IS NOT HAM RADIO!
N5XM

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 05:56:49 PM »

What does ther ILLEGALITY of selling cb PAs have to do with being a Nazi? I've lived in Fort Smith for 55 of my 58 years and am proud to be from Arkansas.  You sir, make me ill.   
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: