Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lack of website support  (Read 6633 times)
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 03:13:12 PM »

It is now fixed, Thank you.

Many of us peruse the eHAM website to keep up with happening to fellow hams on eHAM and the net. If someone changes the original posting to some other text rather than just adding to the original posting  or a reply posting saying something is fixed, then readers have no way of knowing what was originally written, or 'broken' in this case. The title tells nothing about what the original issue was in this case so readers who come later have no idea what was the topic of conversation and can learn nothing.

Please refrain from obliterating the original posting's text.

Thanks

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 09:43:43 AM »

It is a particular phenomena as more people expect instant gratification. If someone asks for a donation to help keep the lights on then there is this expectation that "they are getting paid and work for ME now".

I believe the administrators on eHam are doing the best that they can and that this is not their full-time, paying gig. I used to run a forum going back to the BBS days and had to put up with some folks who were just beside themselves when I did not answer an email or take care of something within hours of their request. That I dared to have other things going on like a paying job, family life, travel or just watching a half hour of CSI on television was unforgivable.

In a few cases where I had to moderate something (throw a bucket of water on the forest fire) then my mailbox would fill up with hate-letters as if I went over to their house and shot their favorite hunting dog.

The admins have my sympathies, the times where they have moderated something down (or out) or closed threads for further comment have been handled with tact.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: