Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NJ QSO party results  (Read 3311 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:12:27 AM »

Well, my first ever QSO party resulted in a first place finish. I hope that isn't because of such few contestants. In any case, I have a question. My call was listed as N4NYY/2. Is the /2 because I am a 4 call in 2 land? I transmitted from home.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 07:16:24 PM »

I guess no one knows. I was under the impression that you use a stroke when you are transmitting outside your home in another "land's" number.
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:49:26 AM »

My call was listed as N4NYY/2. Is the /2 because I am a 4 call in 2 land? I transmitted from home.

Yes, that would be my guess.  Maybe the contest sponsor needed to add that to make their process work so that you would not end up listed with the W4 stations or maybe they felt it looked better that way or would be less confusing.  It used to be that you had to sign that way if you were not at your licensed location but that changed many years ago.

George
K5TR
KA4AQM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 06:15:31 PM »

Bob-

I recommend you contact the folks who run the Virginia QSO party...they pull off one of the greatest QSO parties and they always provide meta data after the results are in.  They award extremely nice certificates for ANYONE who submits a log.  The summary sheet is easy to use and the use of mobiles throughout the party enahnces the national and international flair.  I think if you pick up the ball, ask for any and all help, there are probably many hams in Jersey who just want someone to lead the parade!  If you're starting from scratch, the only way to go is UP...GOOD LUCK....with all the hams in new Jersey, they need to have a QSO Party!

Randy
Chesapeake VA
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 07:16:11 AM »

As a little gun it's fun to enter the smaller "contests" (sometimes aka "qso parties") because it's quite easy to at least get some sort of certificate etc.

I've been submitting my logs to many of the small contests that I participate in, almost all casually, and been surprised to find paper certificates arriving in my mailbox from far-off lands indicating that I placed in some category in a contest that I had honestly almost forgot that I even participated in 11 months beforehand. As a PR move by the small contests, this is a huge win - especially when the certificate arrives a couple weeks before the contest/event happens again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: