Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Practice Over the Internet (Free Download)  (Read 713 times)
N0JZQ

Ignore
« on: December 10, 2002, 09:42:11 AM »

I got my license in 1988. I never did get on the air due to varying circumstances. Recently I pulled out the gear I had purchased and decided to set up my station. I am getting ready to put up my antenna. Until then I don't have many options to practice my code except with computer software.

I went a website for MRX software.

http://www.mrx.com.au/

They have a wide variety of morse code software including a neat (free) software package called CW Communicator. You can practice your morse code over the internet with anyone else using the same software. I have it up and running but I need to make or purchase an interface for my key. The software looks very nice and user friendly. You don't have to use a key, the keyboard can be used as a straight key.

This looks like a great way to get some practice in before going on the air. They also have a free morse code trainer that I downloaded. It too is very user friendly and I had a great time using it.

CW Communicator would also be useful for someone who is thinking of getting into ham radio but wants to try CW with real amateur operators before commiting to buying a rig and other equipment.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 08:29:04 PM »

Hi Scott,

Try an indoor dipole for 20m. I have one up inside my radio room (wife calls it dining room) and have good results (I do not transmit). I used #12 thhn wire soldered a coax connector. I do use a tuner.

ARRL has cw code you can d/l and play on pc
http://www.arrl.org/w1aw/morse.html

Good luck and 73
james
AE0Z

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2002, 12:33:36 PM »

This looks interesting. I learned enough code to pass my 5wpm test but have to relearn it to be able to use it.  My daughter wants to upgrade to General, so we both need the practice.  Anybody interested in a sched?

Howard AE0Z
1 Peter 4:10
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: