Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IT COULD BE DANGEROUS TO BE RETIRED ,NO hobbys , AND NOT A HAM  (Read 3586 times)
KG4YMC

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:53:07 AM »

I was thinking , ( not again) that if a person is retired and not a ham or have other hobbies , there would be a very real danger in watching daytime tv. The person will buy wonder bras, even if a man ? watches that look like big bend straped to there wrist, packs of diet food delived to there door,still wating for Marie Osmond?  develop a great looking bootie, max out the saving and credit cards on tackey jewery, buy a big screen tv big enought for the whole neigborhood. have bad surgery , just to get good  lawsuit coverage claims , chew on asbestos ,start liking flo from progrssive, want to wear a viking helment and sing on a city bus , wonder why stephenie abrums wakes up with al, and why her old man allows it ? fill up the old corola with gas and chase tornadoes, oh well, have to go now , gotta do my zumba dancing ...  Grin  kg4ymc  please somebody else come up with some new madness puns net?  on 40?   also think that if you are bald , you should have  an " expert desk" like guys on weather channel? or grow a beard and say you married an alien on ancient alliens.   could claim old edsel was actually ancient spaceship   , hey he has a beard got to be right hu? dinner time , got to go catch a gator. 73s , don't take life to seriously , kg4ymc   terry  , God bless.
2E0OZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:46:10 PM »

Well with the surfing, ham radio, motorcycles, Skepticism, tennis, badminton, radio control soaring, serious book reading addiction...I'm probably safe from daytime TV for life.  Grin

Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
George Orwell
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 03:07:34 PM »

Maybe he could learn to spell, learn proper grammar, proper sentence construction, punctuation, capitalization ...

Just saying, ya' know. Smiley

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 04:53:18 PM »

ouch, wouldn't be eham without a sour pus. Hey I did ok on the cave drawings back then. Way before fcat.  Grin  gee, have house and car thats paid for , third house . not bad for bad sentence  structure. all without obama stumulus.  Was to busy working for a living to worry about sentence structure. 
W5FYI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 06:31:43 PM »

"Maybe he could learn to spell, learn proper grammar, proper sentence construction, punctuation, capitalization ..."

And maybe get the administrator to start a new forum called "off-topic ramblings" or "car talk."
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 07:27:32 PM »

ouch, wouldn't be eham without a sour pus. Hey I did ok on the cave drawings back then. Way before fcat.  Grin  gee, have house and car thats paid for , third house . not bad for bad sentence  structure. all without obama stumulus.  Was to busy working for a living to worry about sentence structure. 

Geez, who's a sourpuss???  Sorry you took offense; none was intended. I have all sorts of fun trying to follow your posts. Smiley

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
TKENDALL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 07:39:50 PM »

Maybe he could learn to spell, learn proper grammar, proper sentence construction, punctuation, capitalization ...

I'll second that. W3LK is spot on. In general, people do tend to take posts more seriously that follow proper grammar, etc. To each his own, however.

KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 09:36:51 PM »

sorry, my  telepromter was broke , hey points well taken . Hot weather has me  a little brain fried . Sorry .kg4ymc . It could be worse, I could try texting . Grin  our state is 48th in education funding , what do you expect? Grin   out of 57 states? Grin
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 06:18:23 AM »

I'm with FYI and LK on this one.  I don't understand why some people pride themselves on their poor grammar or why they ignore the spell check button, regardless of where their state ranks in education.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 08:22:37 AM »

again eham admins...thank you for putting the ignore button in such an easy place Smiley

KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »

Eham editor , please delete my post. I have made at lest two enemys or more. Strays are ok . OH, I will have to check on how many vulgar comdians have bad sentence structure.  I am still more popular than obama . kg4ymc I have survied polio, state gov. job, divorce, ect, will survie this . Oh, will get with friend that teaches english grammer. He doesn't allow student to use textspeak in essays or regular conversation , may be hope for fla afterall.  chill out folks.  Grin
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 01:49:42 PM »

Who cares? Really!

Comments based on observations like that is like me commenting on what a pompous ass remark to make. Why do people feel the need to make such degrading remarks towards others?

Just saying!

Wink
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:52:35 PM by N2RRA » Logged
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 03:13:29 PM »

Eham editor , please delete my post. I have made at lest two enemys or more. Strays are ok . OH, I will have to check on how many vulgar comdians have bad sentence structure.  I am still more popular than obama . kg4ymc I have survied polio, state gov. job, divorce, ect, will survie this . Oh, will get with friend that teaches english grammer. He doesn't allow student to use textspeak in essays or regular conversation , may be hope for fla afterall.  chill out folks.  Grin

I am not your enemy, nor have I ever been. I was simply tagging onto your post about what someone could do with his spare time. That you chose to take it as some kind of slur on you is, as they say, purely coincidental.

I am truly sorry you were offended.

BTW, if you look at the upper right of your post, you will find a REMOVE button that you can use on your own post. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:18:59 PM by W3LK » Logged

TKENDALL

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 04:27:39 PM »

Eham editor , please delete my post. I have made at lest two enemys or more. Strays are ok . OH, I will have to check on how many vulgar comdians have bad sentence structure.  I am still more popular than obama . kg4ymc I have survied polio, state gov. job, divorce, ect, will survie this . Oh, will get with friend that teaches english grammer. He doesn't allow student to use textspeak in essays or regular conversation , may be hope for fla afterall.  chill out folks.  Grin

I am not your enemy, nor have I ever been. I was simply tagging onto your post about what someone could do with his spare time. That you chose to take it as some kind of slur on you is, as they say, purely coincidental.

I am truly sorry you were offended.

BTW, if you look at the upper right of your post, you will find a REMOVE button that you can use on your own post. Smiley

I agree. Absolutely no harm intended, and I am also sorry if anyone was offended here.

That being said:

My comment was just that, a comment, not a put down at all. However N2RRA - there are probably more people who care than you may think. People DO judge each other based on their writing, unfair or not. This is true in almost every aspect in life, not just here on eHam. Everyone is at a different educational level, and that is completely fine.

On the other side of the coin, there are those who simply don't care, and are somewhat proud of it. I think that bothers some people. Again, the whole point here is that these are simply comments. I really do not feel that anyone is trying to be degrading or make "pompous" remarks.  No one is right or wrong here. That is the whole point of these forums.

KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 06:51:41 PM »

To Stew and others Good points. I need to try harder. I spent all day trying to write fill out job applications at job fair. I have been unemployed since"  2009. Have some retirement from state and house is paid for ,so have to count my blessings. I can work on phtographic mechanical printers, and processors, quality conrol and cameras, but writing and spelling ? was not my gift. I do need to work on it . Yes, we are judged by how we act. and hear . I know what it is to have a handicap. Trouble with e mail , cannot " hear'  the way somethings are typed, I know if caps  that means mad. No offence taken or kept , thanks for imput because you all care. God bless you all. Get back on heath care, will have stuff checked .when get job . Its to hot to keep this going , lets all have a beer and delete this , if I cannot on this end , eham editor can  . terry . I will  work on one ham subject, no ADHD  off topics, eham is great with good people and advice . good night and 73 delete this if I cannot , kg4ymc
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: