Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IT COULD BE DANGEROUS TO BE RETIRED ,NO hobbys , AND NOT A HAM  (Read 3594 times)
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 06:46:02 PM »

RE: IT COULD BE DANGEROUS TO BE RETIRED ,NO hobbys , AND NOT A HAM

My old man always said:
"Never trust a man without a hobby. His mind's either up
to no good.......or up to nothin' worth talking about".

As most young men do, I thought this old saying was dumb.
As I get older, I find his "old sayings" more and more to be spot on the truth!
73, Ken  AD6KA
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 10:54:15 AM »

I've hired many people over 35 years, usually for low level jobs. I notice the care used in filling out an application nearly as much as the substance of the information the applicant provides.

We don't recruit Yale English Department grads; our standards are minimal. Most of our employees do very little writing. But if the applicant doesn't demonstrate the most elementary language skills in filling out our two-page questionnaire, he is unlikely to be hired.

Above all, I want to see that the job seeker applied the minimal work involved in filling out the application correctly. That shows that he or she really wants the job. Perhaps 10% of applicants are rejected on that basis alone.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:58:54 AM by K0OD » Logged
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 10:19:27 PM »

This thread is more entertaining than most daytime TV!
On spelling and grammar - I really don't know why you guys keep putting in all the Z's.
Capitalisation does not have a Z, and that is why that letter is placed at the end of the alphabet and why it has a value of 10 in scrabble. Like criticism, Z should be used sparingly and with discretion.

(P.S. I realise the international differences in spelling - I am just trying to show that one mans meat is another mans poison).

How is that for a pretentious, pompous little rant! hi.

73s.

N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 07:58:28 AM »

It's been my observation that proper spelling and grammar is seldom, if ever,  used in someone's favor but that poor spelling and grammar is often used against them.  Poor spelling and grammar detract from the credability of one's arguments.  It also shows a lack of respect for the intended recipients of one's message.  It basically says "You're not important enough to warrant my putting any effort into using proper language."  Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:35:37 PM by N4UM » Logged
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 05:39:15 AM »

His point was clear to me without the help of most of the following BS comments.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: