Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing configuration on Hamlib  (Read 2770 times)
N5KBP

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2011, 10:09:42 AM »

Is there a way to make configuration changes to hamlib permanent?
I am using a TS-850's if out to drive a sdr tuned to the if for a panadapter. It works great with PSDR IF. I would like to use HDSDR since it is less of a CPU load. HDSDR can use a EXTIO_DLL to interface with Hamlib. I can make hamlibs rigctl talk to my 850 with the command line "rigctl -m 209 -r com5 -s 4800 -C stopbits=1 -C serial_handshake=None". If I leave out the stop bits or handshake info it will not talk to rigctl. My problem is that there is no way to pass a command line to hamlib with it's implementation with HDSDR. You can only pass the -m and -r parameter and nothing else that is useful. Since the default stopbits is 2 and the handshake is hardware it will not talk to the rig.  So back to my original question. Is there a way to make configuration changes to hamlib permanent short of editing TS850.c  and compiling? I wouldn't know where to start with cgwin and gcc.

Marty
N5KBP

N4OGW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 06:34:04 AM »

Is there a way to make configuration changes to hamlib permanent?
I am using a TS-850's if out to drive a sdr tuned to the if for a panadapter. It works great with PSDR IF. I would like to use HDSDR since it is less of a CPU load. HDSDR can use a EXTIO_DLL to interface with Hamlib. I can make hamlibs rigctl talk to my 850 with the command line "rigctl -m 209 -r com5 -s 4800 -C stopbits=1 -C serial_handshake=None". If I leave out the stop bits or handshake info it will not talk to rigctl. My problem is that there is no way to pass a command line to hamlib with it's implementation with HDSDR. You can only pass the -m and -r parameter and nothing else that is useful. Since the default stopbits is 2 and the handshake is hardware it will not talk to the rig.  So back to my original question. Is there a way to make configuration changes to hamlib permanent short of editing TS850.c  and compiling? I wouldn't know where to start with cgwin and gcc.

Marty
N5KBP

Hamlib is just a library for accessing radios/etc. It is up to the application software (ie HDSDR) to save the configuration you choose.

Tor
N4OGW
N0NB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 07:57:06 AM »

Marty brought this issue came up recently on the Hamlib mailing list and Stephane has submitted a patch to extend the EXTIO_DLL shim so that those values can be stored in its config file.  See:

http://hdsdr.de/hardware.html

for EXTIO Hamlib V1.5 08/2011 which has those changes.

Hopefully others can benefit from this update.

73, de Nate
Bremen, KS

SKCC 6225
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: