Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: microcraft code reader  (Read 1638 times)
SV1DAF

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2003, 06:45:09 AM »

Has  someone used the MICROCRAFT's code reader?How was
it?
WB0HZL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 03:40:57 AM »

I realize that this was asked many years ago but I will answer anyway - Yes I have used one, in fact I have two of them. They work quite well for me and read code exceptionally well. As my hearing has gotten worse they have become invaluable for me when using CW.

I have used them in casual hamming and in some pretty intense contesting - I like to operated around 18 -22 wpm, but during contests there are many speedsters that are way above my comfort level - the Microcraft Code Reader has not let me down and I have been able to follow the contact; I will say that most of the speedsters will slow down for the qso. I usually run a tap off the external speaker to the code reader.

I usually keep mine set on the second CW setting for casual contesting.

I hope this helps someone in the near future.

Trent WB0HZL/DW5HT
KD8IIC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 05:50:01 AM »

Had one and got another to replace it. It needs a stable signal and not a very weak one!  Don't pay much for it and or try before you buy. A Universal M6000 or similar is a better investment as far as being a superior piece of equipment and a bit less touchy. It does RTTY too which you may want as well.  73
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: