Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone spell anymore??  (Read 14547 times)
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2011, 06:54:34 AM »

"Hey, our own President can't pronounce or spell the word nuclear." He doesn't know how many states are in the union either.  Roll Eyes
He may be your President, but he is not my President!  Grin
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »

Hold on there.  Jimmy Carter was a naval officer on nuclear submarines, and he could not pronounce "nuclear" correctly.  Neither could Bush 43.  But how much of that is due to accent/dialect? (Notwithstanding the comments about Bush 43's intelligence). 

Consider "ain't" and "fixin' to" which are becoming (unfortunately, from my view) accepted idioms in our American-ized version of English.  My 3rd grade teacher is flipping over in her grave, no doubt.

When I was in grade school, I had a fear of not getting my grammar and spelling correct.  Pride in my work was something instilled in me from an early age.

T-shirts today like "Underachiever, and PROUD of it" used to annoy and scare me until I realized that it's actually a form of job security for me as I get older.  I was once worried that noone would hire me after age 50.  Not anymore!  With today's youth (most of them, anyway), I can rest easy knowing that there are very few twenty-somethings who do NOT have an entitlement attitude or a bad attitude or a chip on the shoulder.  Never mind the spelling/grammar issues. 

Hey, I am nothing to write home about...but I can say I try 100% in my work output.

OK, back to the rig.  I hear Vlad Boyko on 17 meter CW, SU9VB, and I need a QSL on that band for my DXCC credits.

Mark Lunday
WD4ELG
K0CBA

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2011, 08:39:01 AM »

The D students have taken over.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »

Pretty funny! All we have to do is check the college academic probation records to see who is going to be the next President! Grin
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:50:51 PM by KI4SDY » Logged
K7GLM

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2011, 07:33:01 AM »

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Maybe it is. Maybe it's the new American way.

Personally, I'm grooming my honor-student offspring to herd the sheeple and profit from them. Selfish, I know.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: