Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possibilities for stealth and power generation all in one.  (Read 930 times)
VA3CDG

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »

Article link:
http://www.amnh.org/nationalcenter/youngnaturalistawards/2011/aidan.html

The gist of it:

Kid makes solar collector that looks like a tree (sorta) and I seems to work good.

My supposition:

Suppose a ham, that needed a stealth setup, could build one of those fake trees that are sometimes seen in theme park dioramas in his yard. The leaves of which were solar collectors akin to what this kid has designed. Within the trunk and central upward branch is a large vertical with a top-hat enmeshed into the upper branches of this tree. The tree generates the power to create the RF that the tree then emits. Bitchin' says I!

With a setup like this a ham could claim, work of art, alternative energy solution, shade, topsoil preservation, wind protection, habitat renewal, etc. It would be virtually impossible for an HOA to squash this.

Your thoughts...

Chris (VA3CDG)
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:30:24 AM »

OBVIOUSLY you have never encountered a truly entrenched HOA board.  Reasonable is a word that is not even vaguely in their vocabulary.  If they want something out, they will go to ABSURD ends to make that happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: