Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cushcraft A627013S VHF, UHF Beam  (Read 2724 times)
K1FPV

Ignore
« on: August 23, 2011, 10:51:59 AM »

Has anyone ever tried to align the 2 meter and 70 cm elements in the horizontal plain like the 6 meter elements are aligned? If so, what kind of effects did any interaction have on performance for each band.

I'm toying with the idea of doing that to save space on the tower and reduce wind load.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 11:09:13 AM »

That particular antenna will work fine with all the elements in the horizontal plane.

However if your intended use is "FM," you wouldn't want them to be in the horizontal plane, as that will work very poorly in practice (since FM users and repeaters all use vertical polarization).

If your intended use is the "weak signal" modes (SSB-CW-digital), then I'd definitely make it all horizontal.
K1FPV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 11:36:23 AM »

That is exactly what I intend on doing is use the antenna for CW, SSB and digital modes....such as PSK31. Do you know if anyone has actually tried the antenna out that way?
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 03:40:12 PM »

That is exactly what I intend on doing is use the antenna for CW, SSB and digital modes....such as PSK31. Do you know if anyone has actually tried the antenna out that way?

Sure, I have.  It's actually the only way I've ever used that beam (all elements in horizontal plane).
K1FPV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 04:09:13 PM »

Hmmmmm! Interesting! I'll have to give it a try....thanks for the input!

Bill,
K1FPV
MAGNUM257

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 04:54:55 PM »

Using the same antenna here . Have the boom set up on a small rotor (alliance u-110) so I can rotate it from horizontal to vertical. Works like a charm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: