Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New WorldRadio Magazine  (Read 551 times)
W4ARZ

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2011, 05:52:10 PM »

WorldRadio was a great magazine. CQ communications picked up this little gem and made it available for download as a pdf file for 3 years. free of charge.. While we missed the had copy, the new e version had color and some great articles. When CQ decided it was time to make it avail by subscription only..most of us applauded it and gave it a thumbs up.. I would gladly pay for a WorldRadio 12 issue subscription. That is until I discovered that NOW you have to download a special reader from ZINIO....and that you NEVER are able to download the actual issue as a file to save , and store on disk for future reference... It resides ONLY in the Zinio Library where you create an account.. You never own it ..even though you Paid for it...AND you MUST log into your account at ZINIO if you ever want to read your magazines that you paid for..... I contacted CQ as well as Zinio and was told it was due to copyright issues and piracy issues... Come ON people.. CQ also publishes Pop Comm , CQ and CQ VHF as a hard copy... They were able to GIVE us WorldRadio as a downloadable PDF file for 3 yrs..Now that we agree to buy it as a sub...they keep us from owning a copy.... Please contact CQ communications and voice your concern..Perhaaps they will change the delivery system and let us have our own copy ( or file ) in this case.
It could be their way of totally killing off the magazine as they would have an excuse by telling us the subscriber base was too small to continue it.. Please let them know how you feel about it also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: