Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spray to improve RF conditions, propagation and eliminate RFI  (Read 7721 times)
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 06:05:27 AM »

When I was growing up, our local gun shop kept two cans of spray paint on the shelf for customer complaints. One was marked "Jam Free" and the other was marked "Aim True."  Grin
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 01:28:25 PM »

NO2A,thats not the waffle house in marianna is it? Grin kg4ymc
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 02:19:16 PM »

I was gonna make money from home selling made in china hurricane tracking models.Trouble was, they showed the hurricane hitting north Dakota . No one at weather channel wanted to buy them. Obama model showed  them hitting 57th state. Third and last item for sale is the Plams 23 heath plan. Christian based, but not avaiable in Montana. Just move to Montana and you won't be sick or need heath plan I guess  Grin 73  kg4umc
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 04:10:19 AM »

This stuff may work on the same basis as throwing a skunk into the office - it stinks so bad that everyone rushes out the
door and thus stops using the wifi so you (with noseclip on) get maximum wifi speed.

NOTE: no skunks were harmed in this post.

73s
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 07:22:04 AM »

I was gonna make money from home selling made in china hurricane tracking models.Trouble was, they showed the hurricane hitting north Dakota . No one at weather channel wanted to buy them. Obama model showed  them hitting 57th state. Third and last item for sale is the Plams 23 heath plan. Christian based, but not avaiable in Montana. Just move to Montana and you won't be sick or need heath plan I guess  Grin 73  kg4umc

Since I work with electric utilities most of the time I have to be careful to schedule work/meetings with them to avoid stormy weather. One of my clients was on a hurricane projected path and said that our field-work would need to be cancelled.

I took one of the hurricane tracking maps from NOAA and redrew the map to show the hurricane crossing their area, then making a U turn and crossing it over, and over and over again. Sent that to him as an email attachment, at least they got a good laugh out of it.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 10:52:48 PM »

AA4ha, Trisha. Thank you for your ehams . You have a great sence of humor. On the hurricane tracking joke, guess the spaghettie model became spahgettie Os ? or U s?  News item on weather channel, storm chases get ticketed for making to many u turns? Some are low budget. It looks like some of the guys have one camcorder, cell phone and beat up cavaler looking car, vs the guys tha used to use the armored car.   By the way , ever get on 40 or l5? might hear you on somday . Love hearing  your stories. 73 kg4ymc
KB3MDT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 05:46:35 PM »

Hi,
   A bit of history.   The original IBM PC was very sensitive to static electricity.  Static Electricity would change one of the memory bits.  The PC would come to a halt and you would get a parity error message on the screen.    This was a real problem during the winter in some of our classrooms.  Someone would walk across the room and one or more PCs would crash.

You could buy an antistatic spray to put on the carpet to eliminate the problem.  The homebrew version of the spray was filling an "empty" bottle of fabric softener.  The dregs of the fabric softener mixed with the water inside the bottle.  This worked just as well, and smelled the same as the commercial stuff.

Another bit of historical trivia.

Ken
KB3MDT
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 08:40:07 PM »

I liked the "celebrity endorsement by Art Linkletter in 1948.

Reminded me of the quote, "Not everything you read on the internet is true."

Signed:

Abraham Lincoln
KD6KWZ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 11:04:20 PM »

I really disliked the smell of Downy for many years after that period of my life.

My mother accidentally once left one of those dryer softener sheets inside my pillowcase. I could not stand the
stuff for year after that. And, those ESD bags are slippery, I think they caused a fair share of dropped hardware
at one place I worked. I've used the wrist straps at several jobs.

I did pull a verbal stunt like these to my former supervisor. She had been demoted in lieu of layoff(Union Shop), back
to electronic testing in our area. One night, she was complaining that the Test Equipment (TE) was running slow. I
told her: "I can fix that, since we were supplying 120V to it, we'll just set the TE to run on 100V (Japanese line voltage
compatible), but actually give the TE 120V, 20% more volts means it will run 20% faster!"

She had also worked in TE Maintenance, so she said: "I've never heard of doing that before!"

I`ve got some cow magnets I`ll sell you real cheap.....

If they really attract cows, it'll save money on meat!

And, I wonder how many of those "Cell phone range improving cases" also fall into that spray's category?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 11:10:07 PM by KD6KWZ » Logged
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 04:13:33 AM »

Signed:
Abraham Lincoln

I know this is all true 'cause I read it on the Internet

I was on my way to the post office to pick up my case of free M&M's (sent to me because I forwarded an e-mail to five other people, celebrating the fact that the year 2000 is "MM" in Roman numerals), when I ran into a friend whose neighbor, a young man, was home recovering from having been served a rat in his bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken (which is predictable, since as everyone knows, there's no actual chicken in Kentucky Fried Chicken, which is why the government made them change their name to KFC).

Anyway, one day this guy went to sleep and when he awoke he was in his bathtub and it was full of ice and he was sore all over and when he got out of the tub he realized that HIS KIDNEY HAD BEEN STOLEN. He saw a note on his mirror that said "Call 911!" but he was afraid to use his phone because it was connected to his computer, and there was a virus on his computer.  He didn't dare turn on his computer since that same virus would destroy his hard drive if he did. The previous day, he had opened an e-mail entitled "Climb in bed with Sweet Jesus!", which instantly spreads the virus to every file on his hard disk. He knew it wasn't a hoax because he himself was a computer programmer who was working on software to prevent a global disaster in which all of the computers get together to distribute the $250.00 Neiman-Marcus cookie recipe under the leadership of Bill Gates.   (It's true - I read it all last week in a mass e-mail from BILL GATES HIMSELF, who was also promising me a free Disney World vacation and $5,000 if I would forward the e-mail to everyone I know.)

The poor man then tried to call 911 from a pay phone to report his missing kidneys, but a voice on the line first asked him to press #90, which unwittingly gave the bandit full access to the phone line at the guy's expense. Then reaching into the coin-return slot he got jabbed with an HIV-infected needle around which was wrapped a note that said, "Welcome to the world of AIDS."  Luckily he was only a few blocks from the hospital - the one where that little boy who is dying of cancer is, the one whose last wish is for everyone in the world to send him an e-mail and the American Cancer Society has agreed to pay him a nickel for every e-mail he receives.

I had sent him two e-mails and one of them was a bunch of x's and o's in the shape of an angel (if you get it and forward it to more than 10 people, you will have good luck but for 10 people only you will only have OK luck and if you send
it to fewer than10 people you will have BAD LUCK FOR SEVEN YEARS).  So anyway the poor guy tried to drive himself to the hospital, but on the way he noticed another car driving without its lights on. To be helpful, he flashed his lights at him and was promptly shot as part of a gang initiation. 

Send THIS to all the friends who send you their junk mail and you will receive 4 green M&Ms - if you don't, the owner of Proctor and Gamble will report you to his Satanist friends and you will have more bad luck: you will get sick from the Sodium Laureth Sulfate in your shampoo, and your spouse/mate will develop a skin rash from using the antiperspirant which clogs the pores under your arms. Do it soon!  The U.S. Government, this summer, will be putting a tax on all of your e-mails to support the Postal Department.

I know this is all true 'cause I read it on the Internet.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 10:24:18 AM »

Great post!   Cheesy

Vince
AK7V

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »

Signed:
Abraham Lincoln

I know this is all true 'cause I read it on the Internet

I was on my way to the post office to pick up my case of free M&M's (sent to me because I forwarded an e-mail to five other people, celebrating the fact that the year 2000 is "MM" in Roman numerals), when I ran into a friend whose neighbor, a young man, was home recovering from having been served a rat in his bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken (which is predictable, since as everyone knows, there's no actual chicken in Kentucky Fried Chicken, which is why the government made them change their name to KFC).

Anyway, one day this guy went to sleep and when he awoke he was in his bathtub and it was full of ice and he was sore all over and when he got out of the tub he realized that HIS KIDNEY HAD BEEN STOLEN. He saw a note on his mirror that said "Call 911!" but he was afraid to use his phone because it was connected to his computer, and there was a virus on his computer.  He didn't dare turn on his computer since that same virus would destroy his hard drive if he did. The previous day, he had opened an e-mail entitled "Climb in bed with Sweet Jesus!", which instantly spreads the virus to every file on his hard disk. He knew it wasn't a hoax because he himself was a computer programmer who was working on software to prevent a global disaster in which all of the computers get together to distribute the $250.00 Neiman-Marcus cookie recipe under the leadership of Bill Gates.   (It's true - I read it all last week in a mass e-mail from BILL GATES HIMSELF, who was also promising me a free Disney World vacation and $5,000 if I would forward the e-mail to everyone I know.)

The poor man then tried to call 911 from a pay phone to report his missing kidneys, but a voice on the line first asked him to press #90, which unwittingly gave the bandit full access to the phone line at the guy's expense. Then reaching into the coin-return slot he got jabbed with an HIV-infected needle around which was wrapped a note that said, "Welcome to the world of AIDS."  Luckily he was only a few blocks from the hospital - the one where that little boy who is dying of cancer is, the one whose last wish is for everyone in the world to send him an e-mail and the American Cancer Society has agreed to pay him a nickel for every e-mail he receives.

I had sent him two e-mails and one of them was a bunch of x's and o's in the shape of an angel (if you get it and forward it to more than 10 people, you will have good luck but for 10 people only you will only have OK luck and if you send
it to fewer than10 people you will have BAD LUCK FOR SEVEN YEARS).  So anyway the poor guy tried to drive himself to the hospital, but on the way he noticed another car driving without its lights on. To be helpful, he flashed his lights at him and was promptly shot as part of a gang initiation. 

Send THIS to all the friends who send you their junk mail and you will receive 4 green M&Ms - if you don't, the owner of Proctor and Gamble will report you to his Satanist friends and you will have more bad luck: you will get sick from the Sodium Laureth Sulfate in your shampoo, and your spouse/mate will develop a skin rash from using the antiperspirant which clogs the pores under your arms. Do it soon!  The U.S. Government, this summer, will be putting a tax on all of your e-mails to support the Postal Department.

I know this is all true 'cause I read it on the Internet.

Beautiful!  Grin
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 09:51:19 AM »

AC4RD:  LOL.... very good!  Now if you can only find a job!  :-)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 05:12:11 AM »

AC4RD,  You forgot to mention the dying millionairess from that African nation that was left millions of dollars by her recently deceased husband that she wants to go to help people--IF you agree to take up her cause.  Or the government agency that wants to refund you the money they think you sent in for that scam (even if you didn't send any money at all) plus more for your trouble.

Great post!  Makes you think of all the nefarious individuals who are on the internet trying to pull one over on unsuspecting people.  73!
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 07:01:42 AM »

AC4RD,  You forgot to mention the dying millionairess from that African nation that was left millions of dollars by her recently deceased husband that she wants to go to help people--IF you agree to take up her cause.  Or the government agency that wants to refund you the money they think you sent in for that scam (even if you didn't send any money at all) plus more for your trouble.

I didn't mention either of them, because they told me not to TALK about it--confidentiality, I guess.  I gave them my bank account information and my Social Security Number, and now I'm waiting for some BIG cash to arrive from Nigeria!   Wink

[Disclaimer: I didn't write the original internet-hoax message; someone sent that to me years ago.]

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: