Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DXLab Log Stateside  (Read 1952 times)
K3ZL

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2011, 10:13:13 AM »

Can stateside QSOs be logged with DXLab's logbook, and does it track W A S awards?  One more question, can multiple logbooks be made within DXLab.  i.e, a DX log and a W A S log.
Tnx, KC
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:09:30 PM »

Yes and yes.

I don't know about multiple logs but you can filter the log to show what you want, and track progress on a variety of awards, including WAS.

The state is entered in the log not in the QTH field but in the Award section. The Check Progress tab has a WAS (Worked All States) button. I recently decided to re-earn WAS via Logbook of the world and asked for help in the DXLab Yahoo Group. I needed to filter out QSOs that had confirmed via cards.

They told me to use this filter:

APP_DXKEEPER_LOTW_QSL_RCVD in ('Y','S','V')

It is entered in the Advanced area of the Check Progress section of DX Keeper...worked like a charm.

73, Geoff

K3ZL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »

Yes and yes.

I don't know about multiple logs but you can filter the log to show what you want, and track progress on a variety of awards, including WAS.

The state is entered in the log not in the QTH field but in the Award section. The Check Progress tab has a WAS (Worked All States) button. I recently decided to re-earn WAS via Logbook of the world and asked for help in the DXLab Yahoo Group. I needed to filter out QSOs that had confirmed via cards.

They told me to use this filter:

APP_DXKEEPER_LOTW_QSL_RCVD in ('Y','S','V')

It is entered in the Advanced area of the Check Progress section of DX Keeper...worked like a charm.

73, Geoff

Great answer, Geoff.   I am going to give it a try. Tnx, KC
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »

Can stateside QSOs be logged with DXLab's logbook,

Yes.

and does it track W A S awards? 

Yes.

One more question, can multiple logbooks be made within DXLab.  i.e, a DX log and a W A S log.

Yes, one can maintain multiple logbooks, but it would be counterproductive to do that for DXCC and WAS: you want your QSOs with HI and AK to be counted both towards your DXCC progress and towards your WAS progress.

DXKeeper assumes that all QSOs in a log count towards the same DXCC awards. Thus I have one log that contains my KC6IGZ, N6YBG, and AA6YQ QSOs -- some of which were made from Northern California, and some of which were made from Massachusetts. I have additional logs for QSOs made as FJ/AA6YQ, KP2/AA6YQ, V4/AA6YQ, and 8P9RY.

DXKeeper allows you to record your operating location with each QSO. Thus when checking my WAS award progress, only QSOs made from my Massachusetts QTH are considered. If desired, I could easily check to see my WAS award progress based on QSOs made when I lived in California.

Dvae, AA6YQ
K3ZL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 10:26:01 AM »

Can stateside QSOs be logged with DXLab's logbook,

Yes.

and does it track W A S awards? 

Yes.

One more question, can multiple logbooks be made within DXLab.  i.e, a DX log and a W A S log.

Yes, one can maintain multiple logbooks, but it would be counterproductive to do that for DXCC and WAS: you want your QSOs with HI and AK to be counted both towards your DXCC progress and towards your WAS progress.

DXKeeper assumes that all QSOs in a log count towards the same DXCC awards. Thus I have one log that contains my KC6IGZ, N6YBG, and AA6YQ QSOs -- some of which were made from Northern California, and some of which were made from Massachusetts. I have additional logs for QSOs made as FJ/AA6YQ, KP2/AA6YQ, V4/AA6YQ, and 8P9RY.

DXKeeper allows you to record your operating location with each QSO. Thus when checking my WAS award progress, only QSOs made from my Massachusetts QTH are considered. If desired, I could easily check to see my WAS award progress based on QSOs made when I lived in California.

Dvae, AA6YQ
Thanks, Dave that is very helpful.  I see now why DXLab get's high marks on support.  Tnx, 73, KC K3ZL
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 10:19:22 PM »

Thanks, Dave that is very helpful.  I see now why DXLab get's high marks on support.  Tnx, 73, KC K3ZL

Take it from a long time DX Lab Suite user, you can't go wrong using Dave's software. Great stuff and I still have a hard time believing it free ....

Don't change a thing Dave .... I'm not complaining Smiley

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: