Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a Flex 5K owner who has the RX2 option installed...  (Read 4737 times)
W1AEX

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2011, 05:07:24 PM »

I'm looking for someone with a Flex 5000 and the RX2 option installed who has PowerSDR version 2.2.2 loaded. I have about a dozen custom PowerSDR skins out there that work fine with the new 2.2.2 version and the single RX version of the Flex 5000, but I have not found anyone to test them with the RX2 option installed. There's a lot of extra buttons and sliders in the RX2 version, so I want to make sure I didn't miss any. The skins can be downloaded from the list at the bottom of the page below. Instructions for loading custom skins are at the top of the page if you need them.

Thanks in advance,

Rob W1AEX  

http://members.cox.net/w1aex.psdr/psdr.html

K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 05:37:36 PM »

Fabulous melding of technology: Flex-5000 with a 1949 vintage Collins 75A1 skin on 60 meters SSB and shown on Youtube on my desk. Sorry but I only have one RX in my 5000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzwN7vIxZ54
W1AEX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 05:23:14 AM »

You've got a good eye there for vintage equipment. The dial scale actually came from a photograph of a disassembled Collins 32V that Mike - W8BAC is working on, but I believe that scale is identical to the 75A1 scale you mentioned. The old Collins "look" for PSDR has made a few people grin. I kind of like the National 155 "Cosmic Blue" look most of the time. My wife says it's pretty, and I don't think she's ever said that about anything else in my radio equipment collection!

I'm still hoping to catch someone with an RX2 option installed who can confirm that all the controls are displayed correctly. I did get a few emails asking if the skins will work with the Flex 3000 and Flex 1500. Yes, they will work fine with any hardware that uses the 2.x.x versions of PowerSDR (Flex 5000/3000/1500/SDR-1000 series).

Rob W1AEX

G4PNX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 06:41:25 PM »

Hi Rob,

I have downloaded one of your skins this evening (AL82) and run it on my 5KA with RX2.

It took me some time (lots of) to get to grips with WinRAR but finally succeeded...it looks great!!
The scheme follows through into all the RX2 buttons and sliders and there doesn't appear to be anything missing or in the wrong place.

I will have a further play tomorrow and download a couple more...probably the highly coloured ones.

Many thanks for all your hard work.

David - G4PNX

Sorry...forgot to add that I am running V2.2.2
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:45:02 PM by G4PNX » Logged
W1AEX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »

David, thanks very much for taking the time to check that with your RX2 installation. I was pretty sure I had everything covered, but with 378 individual graphics files it's certainly possible to miss something! I'm still not certain how the skins with textured console patterns (such as the mesh or black wrinkle skin packs) will behave with the RX2 display. They should be fine if the console is loaded twice, but if it's simply stretched they will probably be scaled differently from the other 8 textured sub panels and some distortion will be evident. All the non-textured consoles should display properly.

Help yourself to anything there and thanks again for the help!

Rob W1AEX
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:54:38 PM by W1AEX » Logged

K6ZF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 07:54:27 PM »

I have two receivers in my Flex 5000a and downloaded your AL-82 skin.  It works fine.  Your web page is outstanding and the instructions are flawless.  I use Windows 7, 64 bit version.

K6ZF - Les
Woodinville, Wa.

L82
G4PNX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 12:37:29 AM »

Rob,

Delighted to advise that my 5KA gave birth to twins this morning (American & Rayo). Their births were easy (about 30 mins in total) and both seem to be doing well!!

I will download a couple of the textured skins later today and let you know how they look.

David - G4PNX
W1AEX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »

Thanks Les for your RX2 report. With you and David both reporting good results I think it looks like everything is squared away.

David, the two skins you mentioned were made by Hugo - K2DER. He's got some very creative ideas and produces some great looking stuff. He does use my templates to build his skins, so that's a very helpful RX2 compatibility evaluation as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to get back to me.

Rob W1AEX

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: