Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macloggerdx not talking to FT-897D, Help  (Read 2310 times)
W7JOR

Ignore
« on: September 02, 2011, 08:12:12 PM »

I have an FT-897D and have been trying to get it to talk to MacloggerDX.  I using a Macbook pro, OS X ver 10.6.8 and an Iogear USB to Serial adapter GUC232A.  I can see the adapter in the system profiler.  No matter what I try Maclogger can't see the radio/wont connect.  Also, I do have the radio menu #20 set to CAT.  Mabe Maclogger just doesn't the Iogear adapter?  I would appreciate any help.
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 03:57:25 PM »

How are you connecting the USB-Serial cable to the FT-897D?  Are you using the CT-62 cable?

There is no serial connection on the FT-897D, so something is missing in your description.

Also, I'm not sure about the IOgear adapter, but the best adapter I've seen for the Mac is the Keyspan adapter.  A bit expensive, but it is worth it.

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
W7JOR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 11:57:25 PM »

Yes, I am using the CT-62 CAT cable connected to the IOGear adapter.  I guess I have to try the Keyspan.  From what I could gather Macloggerdx is picky about the serial to usb adapter.  Thanks very much for your reply.  73
W7JOR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:14:02 PM »

I got it working! So, in case another Mac user wants to use MacLoggerDX I would recommend using the Keyspan USA 19H serial/usb adapter. I went through 2 other adapters that didn't work. The Keyspan worked and is by far the best and only way to go.

W7JOR (new call)
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 09:19:27 AM »

Glad to hear you got it working.  Keyspan with the Mac is undoubtedly the best way to go.

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: