Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug Sending Tip  (Read 400 times)
K0EWS

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2003, 07:41:13 PM »

In reading The Art and Skill of Radio Telegraphy, there was a tip in there that I tried for sending with a bug, and it works for me, so I thought I'd share it with all of you.
When sending, try holding a pencil in your hand as if you would write with it.  Keep it in your hand as you send.  When you do this, 2 things happen.  One, your fingers are forced to keep their distance from the paddles.  This keeps the fingers from jabbing at the keys too much, and also insures that you don't rest your fingers on the paddles.  Two, you are forced into a gentle rolling motion with the wrist, and it makes the characters much easier to send.  I don't know if this will help anyone, but I thought I'd pass it along, as it sure helped me.  73 to all.
Eric
K0EWS, formerly KC0IOX
N0IBY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 08:46:02 PM »

I really had to learn how to lighten up. For years i fought keeping my bug nailed down when sending as i would quite heartily slap it into submission. Coming back to hamming this time after several years off, i decided i was tired of that game. So i'm working on using both the bug and Vibro paddle just as they sit on the desk. If they start sliding i know i'm slapping them too hard.

Scott - NØIBY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: