Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QSL Card stamp?  (Read 3729 times)
W5CPT

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2011, 01:01:05 PM »

I am looking for a rubber stamp to turn a post card into a QSL card. I live in a recreational area and have many Photo Post Cards available.  Any ideas??

Clint – W5CPT -
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 01:18:53 PM »

Many places make rubber stamps almost any printer can make them or have them made.  You could also just have a local printer print what you want on the back
of your color postcards.  However you can get good prices on QSLs if you shop
around.
Allen
K7GLM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 03:03:19 PM »

I would go with computer printing the QSL info boxes on large Avery labels, then just sticking them on the back of whatever post card caught my fancy. By using a label, you can pre-print as much info as possible, and cover over any undesired printing on the back of the card. If you make a stamp, you'll need cards with sufficient open area to take the stamp.

I like the postcard idea.
KJ4UZL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 12:27:59 PM »

http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=271   Link to the sign man rubber stamp InstaStamp #45  for qsl info. I haven't used it but it sounds like it would be about return address label sized. 73, Kat
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 12:08:16 AM »

Another option is to take some pictures, mash them through photo processing software and add a rectangular (or other )
shape box with labels backed in a solid color for the qso details.
Then have them printed by your cheapest photo shop.
I do this and then stick them onto card stock for rigidity.
Its very time consuming but you get a very personalised card.
Then guillotine them to standard qsl card size since they are usually printed larger by the photo shop.
On the blank back I use a woodcut stamp from a laser printed template made with some carving tools.
Having a friendly forger nearby is a good idea if you have the contacts!

Come to think of it, having some QSLs' printed is a lot less trouble.

Good luck and 73s
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:10:00 AM by STAYVERTICAL » Logged
KF6E

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 05:42:34 AM »

There used to be a service that printed transparent labels with call, name, etc., for exactly that purpose.  I don't know if it's still around.  I used it as SV0CE when I lived in Athens.

You can buy transparent labels and print on them with a computer printer.  Just stick the label with your call on the postcard, and it's a QSL card.  You can print or buy labels for the back, too.

I also like the idea of taking your own photos and using them to make your own QSL cards.  That's what I do.

Frank
KF6E
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: