Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Needs help with Digipan Macros  (Read 3958 times)
KD4SBY

Ignore
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:46:36 AM »

I am new to Digipan, and finally figured out how to program the buttons with macros. One thing I do not understand, what does the macro function <CALL> do? I was first under the impression that the program somehow would pick up the call letters of the station you tuned to, and use it in <CALL>. But that does not work. I programmed F4 as <CALL> DE <MYCALL> K, but when I  answer a CQ, only "DE KD4SBY" is transmitted. If I manually add the call letters (like X6XYZ) in the transmit window and then push F4, I transmit first "X6XYZ" then there is a LF/CR folowed by "DE KD4SBY" K " What gives? How do I get to transmit everything correctly in sequence?
Anyone able to help me with this? Huh
G0GQK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 01:25:09 PM »

Well <CALL> should work, and ought to work because I use it all the time both in Digipan and Airlink Express. Try using it on a different macro button as a test. This might have no relevance to your problem but, let me think, is this the correct one. Start a few clicks into the page.

<CLEARRX><TX> Hello <NAME> <CALL> in <QTH>
    nice to see you on 15 metres today.

If it doesn't work the only suggestion I can make is to remove all traces of the original download and make another. I've used both 1.7 and 2.0 and both function correctly

Mel G0GQK
WB6RXG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:56:57 PM »

I'm not home to check on my shack PC but, don't you need to highlight the call in the received text window then right click and then select add call before the macro will work?  Or at least type their call in the call text box?

Stuart
wb6rxg
KD4SBY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 06:05:35 PM »

Thanks fellows for your reply. My problem is not the use of the Macros, it is filling the required data into the <CALL>, <NAME> and <QTH> Macros.
I found an excellent tutorial from Clint Hurt written in 2003, where he guides you thru the setup and use of Digipan. Here he mentions that you have to double click on the Station and Name of the contact in the RX window. He does not mention how these words end up in the Call and Name fields in the LOG bar. I guessed it was done by first putting the cursor into the window you want to fill, and then set the cursor on the word in the RX field and double click. I tried that and it worked with mixed success. It sometimes worked, sometimes it did not and the wrong field was filled. There is still something I am missing and doing wrong. There must be a correct way of filling the required Call, Name and QTH  fields with the desired data.
KB6HOH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 03:04:19 AM »

Bernie,

Check you Email. I sent you a message.

Steve KB6HOH
                          kb6hoh@comcast.net
                          Echolink Node# 59728
                          Skype (kb6hoh or email address)
G0GQK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »

I can't really understand your problem. You see a station who responds to your call, he gives his call so you click it into the box, the same with his name, and the same with QTH.

If you respond with a macro you say Hello <NAME><CALL> in <QTH> and it appears on the screen. Perhaps the e mail will help you through the problem

Mel G0GQK
KD4SBY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 06:45:33 PM »

Yes you are right! Except that I did not get from the intructions that I was supposed  to do that to get what I wanted. Since the CALL, NAME and QTH fields were in what was called the LOG BAR, I got the impression that you had to do that for logging purposes only, and since I did not wanted to log anything, I ignored those instructions. Grin
I get it straight now, and it works as intended. Now as yet a few adjustments and I am ready to try PSK31!
Thanks fellows for helping me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: