Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hex Beam Antenna  (Read 1574 times)
KD0TLI

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2013, 06:40:53 AM »

I've seen so many construction variations of these multi-band antenna's,  and I'd like to build one myself (have the spreader bar kit).

Does anyone have a good set of plans for this antenna ?  I've seen some on the web, just looking for guidance.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 08:04:01 AM »

The WEB is the best source of plans.Check out G3TXQ and W1GQL in your browser.I have hombrewed two hex beams from info in these two sites and with info from other hex beam construction sites.All easy/fun builds and they work.If you mean hard copy printed plans other than internet sites I do not know of any,others might.GL with your build.
N4KC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 07:29:30 PM »

Here is the best set of instructions by far:  http://www.leoshoemaker.com/hexbeambyk4kio/broadhexgeneral.html

I also did an article here on eHam.net on my own construction of this antenna.  It's available at http://www.eham.net/articles/25915

There is also a printable version of the article on my web site at www.n4kc.com.  Just click on the "Articles" tab.

Don N4KC
www.n4kc.com
www.donkeith.com
(Author of the new book RIDING THE SHORTWAVES:
EXPLORING THE MAGIC OF AMATEUR RADIO)

K4RVN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:41:11 PM »

Max Gain Systems sells the fiberglass spreaders and wire if interested.

Frank
KA7NIQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 12:03:19 PM »

I've seen so many construction variations of these multi-band antenna's,  and I'd like to build one myself (have the spreader bar kit).

Does anyone have a good set of plans for this antenna ?  I've seen some on the web, just looking for guidance.
I am all into building antennas, when it is cost effective.
NA4RR sells a Hex Beam Kit with the wire all measured out, for only 388.00 shipped!
By the time you locate and buy all the spreaders, base plate, etc, etc, you may want to see if it is cost effective ?

Measuring all those wires is not really  a lot of fun, and quite time consuming. I still work, so my time is valuable.

W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »

Re: KD0TLI

What does your Spreader bar kit consist of? Do you have the spread poles?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: