Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PCC-950 Software  (Read 3313 times)
SCARPAD

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2011, 09:18:17 AM »

This software front end Yaesu puts out for the 950, it seems to only work with computers having a serial port. Any way to use it with a usb cat cable?
KJ4I

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 07:37:52 PM »

Just get a USB to Serial converter cable. That's what I'm using and it works great with the PCC-950 software. I'm using one that MFJ sells (MFJ-5429) for about $25 but you can find them much cheaper if you look around. Just make sure it supports Automatic Handshake Mode and you'll be all set.
KJ4I

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 03:34:29 PM »

Just an added note. The converter I have works great with Windows XP. I haven't tried it with Win 7 or Vista but it should work.
VK6NDT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 03:00:21 AM »

I can use my Prolific USB to Serial converter fine on Win XP but i cant get it to connect on either of the 2 laptops i have running Win 7. i have tried a whole bunch of things, different usb ports, different com port #'s, set to hardware handshake. im using the same baud rate as well.

The more i try and get it going the more i think its a Win 7 issue. the fact that 2 separate laptops with win 7 and latest drivers for the usb to serial lead and it wont go. but first time every time plugging into the laptop with XP.

I also noticed that running HRD 5, it would connect to the radio but then after a while just stop working like iv unplugged the lead or something. the only way to get it working again is to unplug and plug the usb converter back in. once again not a problem on the XP machine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: