Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of the Code-Quick program?  (Read 2665 times)
KG4OLW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 04:48:09 PM »

I have to say I used the code quick method years ago, and while its great for memorizing the code, and it did make sure I never forgot the code no matter how long I have been out of the hobby, it created a mental block that took me years to get past if you can say I ever got past it since even today when I hear slower ops, the riddles and music sounds come right back to me. I basically had to use g4fon and learn the code at a faster speed beyond code quick.
AB9NZ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 08:31:36 AM »

I started out with G4FON, and didn't seem to get the hang of it, so I sent off for the full package from Dr. Wheeler back in '06. It was the best 70 bucks I've spent in my life. Read the glowing reviews of people that actually learned with Code Quick. If you read the reviews for G4FON, you'll find ONE guy that actually learned the code with it, all the others used it for speed building (as I do too!). CQ has you learning with an 18 wpm character speed. Please don't take this as a shot at LCWOL, JUST LEARN MORSE, or G4FON these are superb programs and a great gift to the CW community. Personally though, I would like to see a free sound alike Morse program put out there.
   I often think about all the people that check into this forum, say that they are learning the code, and are never heard from again. You need to learn the characters before you can build speed, and I'm not ashamed of my Code Quick training wheels. I'm copying into the 30's, and even picking words out at 50wpm. DAH DI DIT is every bit the sound alike that DOG DID IT is.
   Very Best of 73  de Tom, AB9NZ http://radiotelegrapher.posterous.com/

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: