About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:  (Read 830 times)
KG8QW

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2003, 11:07:31 PM »

Is there any software that allows one to hook up a code key to your pc, and use it as your keyboard?

I know there are programs that will read a CW key, but I'd like to set it up so I use the key to write e-mails and such. Need a "CW Key Device Driver" or something, this way it can be used as an input device for any program. I'm used to typing fast, so if I force myself to use a key instead, the slowdown would be annoying and I'd be driven to continuously improve my speed, and would get instant feedback on screen (instead of sounding like a LID on the air) while practicing.

I'm not looking for a total replacement (hitting ctrl-alt-delete would not be fun on a key), just a key to grab when doing routine text entry. I'd fix the caps at the end, or maybe have the keyboards shift key work with the morse key so I could put caps on specific letters.

It would make a cool input for a PDA too.
KG4WTL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 10:26:42 AM »

That is a SUPER idea, never thought of using a key as an input device for the computer but it makes sense.

If you discover an avenue to this end before I do, let me know!  I will be checking out the possibilities myself.  Hope it will read my bug, I don't use a keyer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: