Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaker Mic for old CB handheld acquired at Hamfest  (Read 4401 times)
KD8OSB

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2013, 01:48:27 PM »

Hi everyone, I picked up an old Realistic TRC-232 handheld CB radio at a hamfest for $3. The antenna post was wiggly, so I resoldered and added some JB Weld and it works great. I'd like to add a full-size speaker mic to it; my Wouxun uvd1p mic is very close (I think it's same as a Kenwood), but off by like a millimeter. I wrote to Radio Shack and they could not help.

Anyone have any thoughts on a compatible model?

(I started out in 2-way radio as a kid when CB was big, and I still have a soft spot for it.)

Many thanks in advance,

Charles
--kd8osb
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 02:16:24 PM »

The book says the RS 19-310 is the accessory speaker mic, and I saw links that it is compatible with the HTX-202.  The HTX202 is plug compatible with Icom speaker mic's so indirectly it seems an Icom unit should plug in there and work.  Or just find a 19-310.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
K5TEB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »

Charles,
  I found a RS 19-310 mic in my junque drawer.  Don't know if it works or not.
If you'd like, I'll send it to you.  It'll be Monday afternoon before I can get to the
post office.  If you can use it, you're more than welcome to it.
                  73 de k5teb, Terry
KD8OSB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »

Oh my, Terry, that is so generous. I want to give you something for it. I just moved and my call sign address info is out of date. Can I contact you by email?

I have a little girl to put to bed. Will check back again tomorrow. All the best,

--Charles
kd8osb
K5TEB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 06:43:05 PM »

Charles,
  You don't owe me a thing.  I'm not even sure if it works.  My email address is good on qrz.  Let me know where to send it and I'll get in the mail Monday afternoon.  Hope it helps you out.  73 de k5teb, Terry.
KZ1X

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 07:34:47 PM »

... if you are a person wondering what amateur radio is really like, you just saw it in this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: