Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen IC-756 Pro 3 / SP23 /PS125  (Read 73973 times)
GM4PLM

Ignore
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »

Stolen from DL0DX in Dusseldorf some years ago

I am still hunting the light fingered *()*)(* that stole them.

Please if you bought a sec hand IC756 pro3 , PS125 or SP-23 check the serial numbers

reward will be given if I ever track them down and find who stole them.

Icom IC756 Pro 3 serial 3301140 - 47097223114918

Icom PS125 Power Supply Serial 0301430 - 4909723113256

Icom SP-23 Ext Spkr - Serial 0000121 - 731797114563

73 Simon ZL4PLM ex DL4PLM/GM4PLM
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 11:54:50 AM »

So here is the quandary:
You bought in good faith the power supply, speaker and radio, IC-756 Pro-III and the serial numbers match what you have posted. Do they :
•   Send the equipment to you and absorb the loss?
•   Keep the equipment and feel a little bit guilty for profiting some crook in Europe?
•   Or wonder did you send in a clam to the insurance company and why the post?
•   What is the purpose of the reward?
I am not trying to agonize you and the posting but as you can see there is no right answer.

That is why the postiong has gone un-answered for so long.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:07:48 PM by K6AER » Logged
KJ4PLN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 11:50:46 AM »

Nothing was said about equipment return just a reward for conviction. I didn't see any mention of an old post just that it was taken years ago, this post dated 4 months ago. My take is he is just trying to bring to justice the guilty ones.
But that is just my reading of the post.
W5RUM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »

Buying stolen merchandise in "Good Faith" does not transfer legal ownership...  The equipment is still owned by the original owner... Like it or not.. If the serial numbers match and there was documentation that the equipment was reported stolen..you have no rights in ownership..... You can show all the paid receipts you want to the Police.. It will still go out the door to the original owner....  I knew someone years ago had his car confiscated (Ouch!) when someone tipped the Police that the numbers on his vehicle were altered... Even though he could prove to the officers he bought the car legitimately....
GM4PLM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »

hi I am actually more interested in bringing the person to the fore ... someone knows something .. It was stolen from a club station

It is mine and was reported to Dusseldorf Police ... it does have a case number

It was not covered by insurance - it was personally owned

Also ... as pointed out .... if it is sold on ... its still stolen ... its not that persons... it remains my property!

ALso ... if you knowingly also find you have stolen gear you are legally obliged to report it .. if someone finds out that 'you' know then you could find
yourself an accessory .... in Europe its called handling stolen goods!

This radio is still in circulation I am sure .... someone will own  it ... wether that is still the person who sold it or someone else

The serials are recorded with Icom too ... if it ever passed their way too!

My question to you would be .. how you feel if your gear was stolen and passed on ... wouldnt you want someone to report it if they found out it was stolen

Just as bad as a stolen vehicle .. can get you in heaps of trouble!

If someone knows where this transceiver is .. please let me know ...

GM4PLM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »

still looking for my transceiver .... someone knows where it is !!!!!

Stolen from DL0DX in Dusseldorf some years ago

I am still hunting the light fingered *()*)(* that stole them.

Please if you bought a sec hand IC756 pro3 , PS125 or SP-23 check the serial numbers

reward will be given if I ever track them down and find who stole them.

Icom IC756 Pro 3 serial 3301140 - 47097223114918

Icom PS125 Power Supply Serial 0301430 - 4909723113256

Icom SP-23 Ext Spkr - Serial 0000121 - 731797114563

K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 05:38:29 PM »

The legal term,  in the United States, anyway, "Bona fide purchaser for value without notice"  (BFP) is well known to first year law students.  It applies HERE, despite what other legal "experts" might think. 
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 08:02:29 PM »

I disagree.

I know two members of the CFD who bought Motorola HT's as replacements for issued gear that had been lost.  One was VHF for Suppression and Rescue.  The other one, UHF for paramedics.

Both HT's were registered as "STOLEN".  When sent in by the CFD for realinement, both were confiscated as "STOLEN".  Both the captain and the paramedic were out what they paid.

Their only recourse was to the seller, IF they could find him/her.

Oh, yeah!. And they bought their replacements on PeeBay.

N9LCD
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 05:24:24 PM »

The legal term,  in the United States, anyway, "Bona fide purchaser for value without notice"  (BFP) is well known to first year law students. 

Interesting. Please define for those of us who don't know law.
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 03:10:18 PM »

While it is possible that equipment stolen in Germany might appear in the USA, after
  being missing a number of years, It is highly unlikely.  If law enforcement where the
equipment was stolen couldn't find any clues as to how to pursue the missing gear,
Why would police in other countries get  involved?  Sounds like a job for interpol.
Seems just as likely that the gear is in North Korea, China or who knows where.

Allen KA5N
GM4PLM

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 12:52:22 PM »

While it is possible that equipment stolen in Germany might appear in the USA, after
  being missing a number of years, It is highly unlikely.  If law enforcement where the
equipment was stolen couldn't find any clues as to how to pursue the missing gear,
Why would police in other countries get  involved?  Sounds like a job for interpol.
Seems just as likely that the gear is in North Korea, China or who knows where.

Allen KA5N

who was asking for US law inforcement to get involved

actually IF i was trying to ditch stolen gear then overseas would be my first target!

Eham is an international site - its as good a place as any to inform of stolen equipment

someone knows where this gear is - it was stolen from a high profile club room with limited access

So I'd put money on it that it was a ham - its on file with Dusseldorf police and Icom

But I still hope that it might turn up one day - and that I might find out WHO took it !

Which is more important to me than the gear

Cheers

Simon ZL4PLM ex DL4PLM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: