Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions on CW  (Read 6041 times)
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »

I need to get back into CW my self abit rusty right now plus HF is down for now may have to do 5 watts for  right now my trees are too close for 10 to 80 meters the wires is touching the trees make my swr goes nuts might have to go with vert.

How far apart are the trees?

73 de Jim, N2EY

i have to find out  how many ft is that ! but i  know they are too close and i dunno if i have room invert vee or loop or  not

i have to let ya know tommorrow when i get off from work ! and keep ya in posted.but i can tell you it a very small lot !! we are waiting good weather for those guy come up and trim up abit out  backyard ! plus i don't remember the size lot is! like i said have to find out for you !! Sad

Jackie
N4MJG
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:04:07 PM by N4MJG » Logged
W5ESE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 09:59:11 AM »

First, read this, if you haven't already. Better yet, print it out:

http://users.ohiohills.com/gordon/novacnt.html

But it's sooo much better with the pictures!

Print it out again.  Smiley

http://sites.google.com/site/arsw5ese/home/wn5rmq/Accent.pdf

Scott W5ESE
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 10:05:37 AM »

I think the reason you're not finding much fun on 2m is that many hams that hang out on that band rrreeaaalllyyy aren't into radio that much.

Very true. Most hams that are into CW use the repeaters either on the road, to transact club business/comms, etc. The repeater crowd being not really into ham radio as such is probably a hangover from the days when the Technician Class License holders were pretty much restricted to 144MHz and up.
[/quote]

I think you're being a little too heavy-handed there.

I would say "the VHF repeater crowd is not really into ham radio in the same way as the HF CW ops, or the EME DX'ers, or the Emcom guys".

There's a lot of different ways to be into ham radio.

Tim.
NT0A

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 10:46:13 AM »

I think you're being a little too heavy-handed there. I would say "the VHF repeater crowd is not really into ham radio in the same way as the HF CW ops, or the EME DX'ers, or the Emcom guys". There's a lot of different ways to be into ham radio.

Agreed. Good points.
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 03:23:07 PM »

I need to get back into CW my self abit rusty right now plus HF is down for now may have to do 5 watts for  right now my trees are too close for 10 to 80 meters the wires is touching the trees make my swr goes nuts might have to go with vert.

73 de Jim, N2EY

i have to find out  how many ft is that ! but i  know they are too close and i dunno if i have room invert vee or loop or  not

i have to let ya know tommorrow when i get off from work ! and keep ya in posted.but i can tell you it a very small lot !! we are waiting good weather for those guy come up and trim up abit out  backyard ! plus i don't remember the size lot is! like i said have to find out for you !! Sad

Jackie
N4MJG

here what i come up with 28 at front and backyard 67 took step i dunno if that helps or not!

Jackie
N4MJG
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »

73 de Jim, N2EY

Jackie
N4MJG

here what i come up with 28 at front and backyard 67 took step i dunno if that helps or not!

Jackie
N4MJG

How many feet apart are the trees?

73 de Jim, N2EY
N3JIY

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »

Thank you, Jim, for sharing the tips of
the late Keith S. Williams, W6DTY.
Are the prosigns and abbreviations he listed in
(1) still widely used?
N2EY