Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Radio Magazine  (Read 4860 times)
AB7KT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 09:14:09 AM »

It has been a fairly long time since the print version of World Radio was converted to the online version, so my memory of what exactly happened isn't real clear. But, I don't remember getting any significant credit toward CQ magazine. I sort of vagely remember getting a year or something, but if I got anything at all, it wasn't a substantial credit towards CQ magazine.

I currently subscribe to CQ magazine, and do so on a paid annual basis. I am not going to renew but that really doesn't have much to do with this World Radio situation. The World Radio thing is a factor, but it's a small factor: probably just enough to push me in the direction of not renewing my CQ subscription. CQ Magazine just doesn't have a whole lot that interests me. They seem to have three big themes: ham radio is dying and we should pull out all the stops to get as many new hams as possible regardless of what that takes, getting kids involved in ham radio, and contesting. I don't believe that ham radio is dying and personally feel that we have already lowered the standards to become licensed way too far already. I have almost no interest in contesting. The kid thing, is great and I have no problem with it and applaud them for their efforts in the direction. But, when it is all said and done, there isn't much content that really interests me in CQ. World Radio had more stuff that directly reflected my interests in ham radio. With that in mind, I was considering dropping my subscription. Then this World Radio thing came along and made my mind up for me.

I thought you said this was a weak signal mode ? I HAVE a weak signal and he still didn't hear me.

FWIW: My callsign is AB8KT
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: