Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T32C WTF?  (Read 16797 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« on: October 01, 2011, 11:11:51 AM »

What the hell is going on with this? I here a non-stop pile of QRM. It does not stop. What a disgrace.
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 11:34:02 AM »

I too have been very surprised at the amount of QRM and bad behavior surrounding the T32C
pile ups...jeez, even the CW pile-ups are a complete mess...I mean the CW pile-up on 12M is
unbelievable.  I only need these guys for band fills so I'm gonna wait and let things thin out.

73 de harry, W6DXO
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »

I too have been very surprised at the amount of QRM and bad behavior surrounding the T32C
pile ups...jeez, even the CW pile-ups are a complete mess...I mean the CW pile-up on 12M is
unbelievable.  I only need these guys for band fills so I'm gonna wait and let things thin out.

73 de harry, W6DXO

I am fairly new to this (2 years). That is by far the worst I have ever seen. Utter kaos.
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 11:41:19 AM »

I'm in the 12m CW pileup now and it seems no worse than other DXpedition pileups. But they are operating simplex for a contest on 15m SSB and that is ridiculous. Not a good idea.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 11:50:07 AM »

I'm in the 12m CW pileup now and it seems no worse than other DXpedition pileups. But they are operating simplex for a contest on 15m SSB and that is ridiculous. Not a good idea.

I was talking about SSB. They are on simplex and it is a disaster. Good to hear CW is normal.
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 12:22:33 PM »

You gotta be lucky Vinnie.  I caught them on 15 SSB early today and I was the only one calling.  I listened a while ago and I couldn't tell what was going on.  Since this is East
Kiribati and not Christmas Island, I don't need them for much.
Allen
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 12:32:17 PM »

I find that when high demand stations work contests it is very bad. They cannot work split and then those trying to work them do not know the contest exchange. It's chaos. T32C should have stayed out of the contest.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 01:13:49 PM »

What's all the craziness over a T32? Am I missing something? T32 isn't ranked in the top 100 anywhere except Europe. They are going to be there a month -  and with 41 operators!?!?!?. ( Surely all those guys aren't going, are they? Did they double the population of Christmas Island?) There's usually somebody there 3 or 4 times a year.
I know there are some people that need it (most of us have some easy ones left), but for everybody to go nuts over this is a little wierd. Almost scarey.
Maybe while everybody is tied up with T32C maybe I can find something I actually need (Don't forget about 3D2R). So get back in there, have fun, and don't get too bloodied. Cheesy
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 01:18:09 PM »

Club Log indicates East Kiribati as # 77 on the Most Wanted List.
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 01:22:37 PM »

It's also #78 on the DX Magazine most wanted. In a couple of weeks they will be begging. 3D2R is old news, got that already.  Cheesy
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 02:17:15 PM »

What's all the craziness over a T32? Am I missing something? T32 isn't ranked in the top 100 anywhere except Europe. They are going to be there a month -  and with 41 operators!?!?!?. ( Surely all those guys aren't going, are they? Did they double the population of Christmas Island?) There's usually somebody there 3 or 4 times a year.

Unless some of the newbies around the globe think that it is the "real" Christmas Island (VK9X). I always wonder why some expeditions seem to really emphasize the T32 CHRISTMAS ISLAND.  I have T32 on 4 bands/2modes, but would like to get them on 10m. Gene
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »

What's all the craziness over a T32? Am I missing something? T32 isn't ranked in the top 100 anywhere except Europe. They are going to be there a month -  and with 41 operators!?!?!?. ( Surely all those guys aren't going, are they? Did they double the population of Christmas Island?) There's usually somebody there 3 or 4 times a year.

Unless some of the newbies around the globe think that it is the "real" Christmas Island (VK9X). I always wonder why some expeditions seem to really emphasize the T32 CHRISTMAS ISLAND.  I have T32 on 4 bands/2modes, but would like to get them on 10m. Gene

That's what I'm talking about. The VK9X Christmas Island would have been a good place for them to spend a month. T32 is more like my type of DXpedition - Hotel, Beach, Cable, Rum Runners - you know, just the essentials.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »

73 de harry, W6DXO

I am fairly new to this (2 years). That is by far the worst I have ever seen. Utter kaos.

I don't need T32C for anything so I'm mostly listening while the DXpedition is nearly dominating the WARC bands.

12M CW was thick with euro stations trying to work T32C but not having a lot of luck. I expect later in the coming weeks they'll get a better chance.

I listened in and around the 12M CW pile-up all afternoon and it seemed to be pretty well run. T32C was ID'ing all the time. There were a couple tuner-uppers and a couple frequency cops making things worse but compared to the typical DXpedition? Perfectly polite.

I was very impressed with the T32C op on 30M this am (around 1200 UTC). Completely world-class op running the show very well. I'm not saying that the other T32C ops aren't good... just that every so often you hear one that's way beyond good.

Tim.
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »

Just worked these guys on 12M CW..and yes, the pile-up right now seems pretty well behaved..I must have just caught all the crazies on my first try...Wink

73 de harry, W6DXO
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 08:01:46 PM »

After not being able to crack the large, but tame 12m CW pileup today, I got them first call on 17m CW at 0250Z. Minimal pileup (if any). Using 100w and dipole.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: