Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logging Software  (Read 1056 times)
K3CDQ

Ignore
« on: October 13, 2011, 07:02:39 AM »

I have an old computer with lots of 2002, 3 and 4 software on it.  I have thirty years of ham contacts logged in a data base that I worked up using Microsoft Works 2004.    I now have a new computer with all 2010 and 2011 softwar on it and running XP.   I have tried to export/import my Works databse to Excel and other software with no luck.   Can anyone suggest a ham logging program that will allow me to merge my Works data base into it on the new computer?   I posted this on October 13.  Today it is 10/26 and I still have no solution.  Sure wish someone could help me.  Performance tells me this computer is about to crash and would love to get my DB on the new computer.

My works data base is set up as follows:

DATE/TIME/MODE/FREQUENCY/CALL/RSTS/RSTR/NAME/CITY/COUNTY/STATE/NET/QSLS/QSLR

Many thanks for your help.  The old computer is having major problems and I am afraid I will lose thrity years of contacts.  I did download them to an external drive but have been unable to merge them into anything on the new computer.

Thanks again.
Richard MacWilliams    K3CDQ     k3cdq@comast.net     301-758-2957     Owings, Southern Maryland Sad Sad Sad
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:30:49 AM by K3CDQ » Logged
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »

Can anyone suggest a ham logging program that will allow me to merge my Works data base into it on the new computer?
Richard MacWilliams    K3CDQ   

Contact Logic 8, if anyone can do it they can: http://www.hosenose.com/contact.asp

From Logic 8 website: "Import support for all of the popular older programs is provided. In most cases we can import other data at no charge."

Logic 8, IMO is the best Logger at this time. Expensive at $130 but worth it..

Stan K9IUQ

AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 05:56:57 PM »

I have an old computer with lots of 2002, 3 and 4 software on it.  I have thirty years of ham contacts logged in a data base that I worked up using Microsoft Works 2004.    I now have a new computer with all 2010 and 2011 softwar on it and running XP.   I have tried to export/import my Works databse to Excel and other software with no luck.   Can anyone suggest a ham logging program that will allow me to merge my Works data base into it on the new computer?

My works data base is set up as follows:

DATE/TIME/MODE/FREQUENCY/CALL/RSTS/RSTR/NAME/CITY/COUNTY/STATE/NET/QSLS/QSLR

Many thanks for your help.  The old computer is having major problems and I am afraid I will lose thrity years of contacts.  I did download them to an external drive but have been unable to merge them into anything on the new computer.

Thanks again.
Richard MacWilliams    K3CDQ     k3cdq@comast.net     301-758-2957     Owings, Southern Maryland

If you place your database in a zip archive, attach that zip archive to an email message that specifies the above database setup (ATE/TIME/MODE/FREQUENCY/CALL/RSTS/RSTR/NAME/CITY/COUNTY/STATE/NET/QSLS/QSLR), and send it to me via aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com I'll see if I can extract your QSO data and place it in an ADIF file. If successful, you can then import it into any logging application you choose.

Dave, AA6YQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: