Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT-2400 thumbscrew size  (Read 2690 times)
NQ0M

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:05:25 PM »

Hey all!

Anyone got an idea of what size the thumbscrews are for the Yaesu FT-2400?  I've got one that no longer has the mounting bracket - I got ahold of a replacement bracket, but need to get ahold of thumbscrews that will fit as well.  Been searching the web all night long trying to find a reference that would tell me, but even reading thru the entire manual, it never mentions what size!

Thanks!

Jeremy, KE0MD
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 12:50:36 PM »

Just take it to your local hardware store and try everything until you find the one that fits.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 04:28:18 PM »

Good idea about the hardware store, but make sure they have metric bolts, as it is most likely a metric screw or bolt size.

73s

K2OWK
KG6BRG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 06:21:43 AM »

Go to the hardware store, and it will be a metric thread.  Maybe an M4 by 8 mm long.  Don't force it in the hole, should thread in easily.  Make sure it isn't too long and damages the internal components.  As I said about 8 mm should be about the right length.  Cheers.
K7RBW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 06:54:42 AM »

You might double check the case of the radio. On many of my mobile radios, they've put the thread size and screw length dimensions near the holes (or somewhere on the case). If the length isn't printed on the case, then I would make sure the screw doesn't extend more than about 4-6 mm into the case. That should be enough to hold, but not so long as to touch any internal components. Proceed carefully, in any case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: