Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking on the bright side of things living in a HOA retricted community....  (Read 1832 times)
KF9ZA

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2011, 03:40:45 AM »

Today there's a high wind advisory with 25 mph winds and gusts to 40 mph.  But I'll stll be able to work on my inverted V diapole because it's in my attic.  Weather's not an issue when you're inside.  Smiley When we bought the house the very steep roof pitch with an 18' peak in the middle of the attic didn't mean much to me, it does now. 

Plus, as my youngest son finishes up high school and my XYL and I start to talk about empty nest downsizing she is totally onboard for the next house with no restrictions.  Grin

Been getting my HF fix mobile, going to fire up the rig on the new antenna this afternoon.  Wish me luck.
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 06:41:19 AM »

The golf course I belong to is closed today due to the fact we had a monsoon move through here yesterday dumping a lot of rain here.

So I thought, OK no golf I can do some antenna work. NOT! Winds are howling and I am not about to go up the tower to install that 10 meter beam I want to put up.

No space in my attic for antennas. I have actually never been in the attic and have lived here for 27 years. Low pitched roof, no much room to move around up there.

Consider yourself lucky that you have a nice high pitch on your roof and can install a dipole of some sort in there. I hope it works out for you. Lots of hams use attic dipoles so I am sure yours will work too. Plus I like your attitude with regards to your situation and the HOA. People will tell you to move, get a divorce if your wife does not want to move, all for the sake of being able to put up antennas. Hardly worth a divorce so you can put a dipole up outside IMO. Wink Do what you can do with what you have available. I have antennas outside but none of them are any higher than 38 feet at the apex. Put that is what I have to work with and so be it. I have a lot of fun on the air with the antennas I have up.

Now I will go outside and see if my dipoles are still in the air  Grin

73, Rick VE3FMC
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:46:47 AM by VE3FMC » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: