Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: th3 mk2 try band beam  (Read 1263 times)
W6DDU

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2011, 11:59:45 AM »

just got this ant for free put it up 10ft over my roof the problem is high swr all bands.   so my ? is the best way to adj the swr im gessing now start with the driven element on 10 meters then 15 and 20 then the reflector folowed by the director. at present time all settings are factory spec. ant can be adj in place on its flat roof with a 8ft ladder tnx 73
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 03:55:24 PM »

First off, does the swr curve show that the beam is tuned too high in frequency or too low.
I would guess that it appears to be too low in frequency.  Why ?  Because it is too close to the ground! (and the roof of your house).  If you raise the antenna to at least 35 to 40 feet
I bet it would work as designed.  Do you have a manual for the beam?  It would be a good idea to get one and read it several times, otherwise you are going to be messing with the beam forever.
Good Luck
Allen
W6DDU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 06:09:34 PM »

ka5n de kj6pdd  swr on 14.285 was 3.2 now 2.1  /  21.360 was 2.3 now2.1  /  28.450 was 2.5 now 1.9   ant aprox 18 ft off ground at present cant rase any higher at present any help will be welcom tnx 73
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 08:25:48 PM »

If raising the antenna made the SWR go down, then it is because of the height.  You can probably get by with an SWR of 2 to 1.  If you have a tuner you could probably get the SWR down a bit more.  If you don't have a tuner and can't manage any more height then you can
shorten all the elements by pushing them in a couple of inches.  This is kind of tricky since
the adjustments will effect each other.
Good Luck
Allen
W6DDU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 09:15:24 PM »

ka5n  tnx  tuner on the way tnx agan 73
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: