Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu wireless cloning  (Read 1736 times)
N1DVJ

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2011, 08:18:23 AM »

Anyone know the specs on how Yaesu radios like the FTM-10 type clone over the air?  I have a 7900 and I can hook my laptop to it, but my FTM-10SR only clones over the air (low power UHF on a special 'club' frequency)  I'm gonna try to analyze the signal and see if I can build a modulator/demodulator and hopefully be able to use my laptop. 

Programming 500 memories by hand on the front panel is a task I do NOT look forward to.  Heck, I don't want to do 5 memories!

Mike
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 02:23:39 PM »

Your post interested me enough to download the manuals for both models.  I had some interest in buying an FTM-10R to have the built-in Bluetooth interface.  Now that I know that you cannot use a computer to program the memories of this radio, it is definitely off my buy list! 

Yaesu- WHAT WERE YOU THINKING when you designed this rig?Huh??
NL7PW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:07:28 AM »

How did the cloning work out for you?  I have an FTM-10SR that needs to be reset and I'm going to borrow an FTM-10R to try to clone to in hopes of preseving the memories so they can be cloned back in after the reset. 
N1DVJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 04:57:09 AM »

Well, the cloning hasn't worked out at all.  But it's not a failure, I've just been so busy...  My son got married (last weekend) and juggling things there was a pain.  And my daughter moved, and that took a lot of work.

And I bought a HexaKopter and I've had THAT as my primary focus for some time.  It's almost done, although I haven't worked on that in 3 weeks due to the wedding...

HOPEFULLY I'll have some time once winter hits.  I work 2 jobs in the winter (2nd is at a ski area) but there are a few nites a week I have to just sit around...  Well, after Scouts...

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: