Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is better antenna/mount for a motorhome?  (Read 7262 times)
N6DMR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 11:33:43 AM »

Jim,

I took a good look at your MH construction links.

I think that you would be "OK" with a ground that catches the metal wall / roof supports.  This would essentially tie to enough metal to allow for a fair capacity ground system to work, especially given the 40 ft lenght you have.

The Flagbuddy mounting system would also work well, you would have to use a bit stronger mast tham the FlagBuddy system but their mounts would work very well. 

I saw some aluminum ribbed masts on eBay that would work to get the antenns coil of a screwdriver above the roof line.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380383629712?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I would tie the ground to the sidewall internal frame members as close the bottom of the antenna itself as possible using a good 1" tinned braid.

Again, Alan (K0BG) has some really important information on interaction between the screwdriver antenna and the controller wires that would be a good read.  www.K0BG.com

Duane
K3AL
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: