Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which distress/ Mayday frequencies? Anybody monitoring?  (Read 25864 times)
SM4XUW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2012, 06:07:29 AM »

Hi all!

If I were in a emergency situation I wouldn't like to talk to this guy !!!

There are no subtittles in this video but I think you'll like it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rq7dF6r41A&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLC5B7E2861C6F8053

Best wishes and 73s from Scandinavia // SM4XUW Klas

NC4TB

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 02:01:28 PM »

I don't know about your area, but here in western NC, you could call forever on simplex vhf or uhf and never be heard. There is apparently very little activity on vhf simplex elsewhere also. Went all the way to New Orleans and back monitoring 146.52. Never heard a soul on simplex, but plenty of repeater activity. CB might be an option if you are close to a highway but if in the middle of nowhere I wouldn't expect an answer there either. And no one monitors channel 9 anymore. I wish ARRL would push hard for members to monitor simplex vhf-uhf as well as repeater frequencies but I don't see that happening. It's a shame. VHF/UHF simplex could be a lifesaver if cell service is unavailable.  Sad
NX5MK

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »

As a reference, here is a link to the:

NATIONWIDE “ARRL ARES/RACES Emergency Operations Frequencies”
(Including Misc. Emergency, NTS and SATERN Nets)

http://www.arkansas-aresraces.org/NATIONWIDE%20ARRL%20ARES%20RACES%20FREQ.pdf

I printed them out and they are now in my Go-Bag. If you have a "better" reference, please post.
73 Marcus KD0JKM
W0TLP

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »

Wow, Marcus. Somebody went through a lot of work to find that, and then was nice enough to share it with the rest of us. Great find, although it may need updating now and then.

W0TLP
NX5MK

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 09:31:56 PM »

I totally agree Teak!

Tom, K5WTH has really put a lot of work into getting that list together and I am very grateful that he shared it with us on the Internet. I emailed him to ask for his permission if I may copy his work into a Wikipedia page which I intend to create so as to possibly have it more accessible via Search Engines, which may also be more update-able by the respective Nets, he immediately emailed his consent. Thank you Tom!

Any alternative suggestion on where this list should / could be published so that search engines have an easier time of finding it? I only stumbled across it since I browsed the Arkansas ARES website...

73 Marcus KD0JKM
LA9XSA

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2012, 12:41:15 AM »

Wikipedia isn't really the place for updated net frequency lists. They're trying - more or less successfully - to be an encyclopedia.

Maybe put the continental nets on this page Amateur Radio Wiki: Nets, and put the local nets on a new page there?
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: