About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TO N2XE  (Read 358 times)
SIREX

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2004, 08:05:16 PM »

Well I just passed my code so eat crow N2XE. I was able to learn the code in about 2 months.  I saved this so you could see I was not full of it.  I will have  my extra in a month or so.  So go ahead and tell me I can't do that either so I can prove you wrong again.  I have the utmost respect for my elmers and I would not have gotten where I am today with out them.  I was merely talking about all the winers.

KC9FFU/AG

This is what N2XE wrote.

RE: Observations From a Newbie...    Reply

by N2XE on January 8, 2004
Mail this to a friend!

Gee SIREX... dig out your panties and get a grip...

You wrote -
WOW What kind of hobby did I get myself into... I cuurently [sic] have learned to copy sixteen letters in two weeks. It is hard to learn cw [sic] but I really want to talk long distance...

Reminds me of that Barbie doll that used to say "math is hard". And nobody's buying that "gee, what did I get into" crap. You knew exactly what you were getting into and want it big-time. Why else would you bother even consider learning a useless, dead-end language like Morse?

...But heres my problem. YOU WERE ALL NEWBIES AT ONE TIME!! Did people treat you like crap. The survival of ham is at stake I hear people say. Why sure it is with some of you jerks why would [sic] anyone want to be ham...

I know I didn't come into the hobby and start railing against it or tell the veterans they were stupid and outdated or set in their ways. I figured they may know a little more than me. So... no, they didn't treat me like crap but then, I treated them with a modicum of respect.

...When I get my cw [sic] and get HF privalages [sic] (and I will) I hope I don't meet half of you on the airways...

My guess is you won't learn CW, won't get HF privileges
and therefore, won't meet too many other hams beyond your local repeater. You'll then consider this to be the entire Amateur Radio sphere and continue to criticize the other 90% of Amateur Radio that you don't understand.

Nothing against you, but in my experience, those that learn Morse spend their time learning Morse rather than carping about it.
KJ7XJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 01:37:11 PM »

Thats pretty harsh FFU. Congrats on passing! Hope to hear you on CW soon!
      de KJ7XJ ..
NJ0E

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 01:25:59 PM »

congratulations to you, FFU. i operate cw about 95%
of the time, and you will not regret at all making
the effort to cultivate cw proficiency.

don't let the grumps get you down.

my recommendation is to "strike while the iron is
hot" and make some cw qsos. too many hams today
upgrade to general, then plug in the microphone, and
lose their cw skills completely. this is a sad
mistake. so make some cw qsos!

also, the w1aw code practice transmissions and
qualifying runs are great practice. so you could
consider chasing your arrl code proficiency
certificate for 10wpm for the next step.

hope to hear you on the air (on cw, of course).

scott nj0e
KT8K

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 10:56:49 AM »

Talk (phone) is cheap.
CW is GREAT!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: