The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Echolink iPhone connection problems  (Read 4267 times)
ND8M

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:44:48 AM »

I'm attempting to set up a node to link to by club repeater when I'm traveling for business.  

I'm running a PC with Windows 8.1, using a wireless router behind a DSL modem.  I have two different iPhones I'm hoping to use, a Verizon iPhone 6 and a ATT iPhone 5S.  Radio connection is through a SignaLink USB to a Yaesu 857D.

I set up exceptions in the Windows firewall to pass ports 5198, 5199, and 5200 inbound and outbound for both TCP and UDP.  I've also set up port forwarding on the router for those same ports, and put the wireless router as the DMZ IP address on the modem to bypass the modem firewall.  The Echolink firewall test passes.

I am having trouble connecting to the node from my iPhones.  Relay or proxy modes on the iPhone do not connect at all, just time out.  Attempting to connect via direct almost works.  Echolink on my PC shows the iPhone user connecting, and broadcasts the "Connected" announcement over the radio.  However, the Echolink on the iPhone does not recognize it as being connected, and times out just as before.  

However, I can successfully connect to other nodes on my iPhones, just not mine.

I've had other club members connect to my node via PC with no issues, so I know it works.  It just appears to be an issue with the iPhone specifically.  I get the exact same results with both ATT and Verizon.  

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to check next?  I'm at the point of giving up on the endeavor.  

Thanks,

Jared
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:16:31 AM by ND8M » Logged
K4QR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »

We have same problem on our ham club's EchoLink
connected repeater.  Apple mobile devices
cannot connect (get timed out msg)
when they try to connect to our repeater's EchoLink
but these Apple mobile devices have no
problem connecting to other club's