Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swan 350 schematics question.  (Read 7569 times)
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »

KK4CPH:

I wish to congratulate you on resurrecting this fine old radio!  I also wish to compliment you on your diligence in finding out what was wrong with the radio, being able to follow the instructive help you received and winding up with a working piece of history.

People with your patience and determination are becoming fewer and fewer each year.  In my 55 years of hamming, the greatest compliment I ever received was, "Al, you're a ham!"  I knew what he meant and was flattered.

So allow me say to you, "Eric, you're a ham!"

Al
KK4CPH

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »

Call John Bruchey in Tucson.  He was THE Swan tech for over 30 years.  He has worked on all of my Swans and his knowledge of these machines is a joy to behold.  He is also a great gentleman and all around nice person.  (520) 574-0247.

Thanks!!  I have another thread in the Elmer section about a tube I can't identify so maybe I'll call him.  Is there a good time to call him?  Is that a business number?

Eric
KK4CPH

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 01:23:31 PM »

KK4CPH:

I wish to congratulate you on resurrecting this fine old radio!  I also wish to compliment you on your diligence in finding out what was wrong with the radio, being able to follow the instructive help you received and winding up with a working piece of history.

People with your patience and determination are becoming fewer and fewer each year.  In my 55 years of hamming, the greatest compliment I ever received was, "Al, you're a ham!"  I knew what he meant and was flattered.

So allow me say to you, "Eric, you're a ham!"

Al

Thank You!!  I think being in the Air Force taught me to be patient. (Hurry up and wait!)  I take my time on any project because I don't want to overlook something and end up doing it over again.  I even bought an old Eico tube tester so I could go thru this unit.  I took my time and did lots of reading and asking questions.  It's a nice rig.  There's something about these tube radios I like.... one of which is that it's a great heater!   Grin  I haven't turned on my Kenwood TS-440 since I got the Swan back on the air.  The Kenwood has become my backup!  Cool
Thanks again for the compliment!

Eric
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: