Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hd 73 controler bulb replacement  (Read 1033 times)
KA6OTJ

Ignore
« on: October 29, 2011, 05:29:08 PM »

Has any one ever replaced the light bulb in the Alliance HD 73 rotator control Box?  I have the operator's manual that shows the box assembly but it does not show exactly how to get into the box to replace the lamp.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have the replacement bulb I just need to know how to disassemble the control unit so that I don't do any permanent damage.

Thanks in advace
Ka6otj
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 07:06:35 PM »

http://w2mmd.org/Documents/Replacing%20burnt%20out%20meter%20incandescent%20lamps%20with%20LEDs.pdf
K2DC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 03:52:10 AM »

Here is a late model manual for the HD-73 that appears to be newer than the one available on bama.edu.  It shows an exploded view of the control box at the end.  It looks to me that you should be able to remove a vew screws and slide the face and the entire chassis out for access to the buld.  The lamp is shown as Item #19 on the exploded view.  Hope this helps:

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/SCANNERS-A-E/Alliance-HD-73%20Rotor.pdf

Don, K2DC

VK2ACM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 07:05:49 AM »

First unscrew the two screws at the bottom rear of the controller, slide the case from the front towards the rear. When you look inside facing the front of the controller you will see the bulb on the left it is a bayonet style bulb holder, replace the bulb and reassemble the case.
Also note when the bulb fails it also shuts off the workings of the controller, if there is any other information you require send me an email vk2acm@gmail.com  73 for now...Clint
KA6OTJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 09:51:58 AM »

Don and Clint,
Thanks fellows for the prompt reply.  Just the information I was looking for.  I hope I will be able to help you guys out someday.

Jay
ka6otj
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: