Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your longest mobile contact?  (Read 15982 times)
HS0ZIB

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2011, 04:31:19 AM »

This evening (greyline), I worked stations on 20 meters long path in Germany, Sweden and Norway whilst parked at the beach (with my car tyres in 6 inches of sea water).  Short path provided inferior signal strength to long path (the SM station swung his beam round to test the SP signal strength) - the long path distance is about 20,000 miles. 

I think next time I'll attempt to go /MM with my car Smiley

Simon
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2012, 07:16:41 AM »

This evening (greyline), I worked stations on 20 meters long path in Germany, Sweden and Norway whilst parked at the beach (with my car tyres in 6 inches of sea water).  Short path provided inferior signal strength to long path (the SM station swung his beam round to test the SP signal strength) - the long path distance is about 20,000 miles. 

I think next time I'll attempt to go /MM with my car Smiley

Simon

LOL! Better make sure you have a hovercraft or James Bonds sub mariner car. LOL!

Never tried driving the mobile that close to the water but you gave me some inspiration. Gonna try that. Hope maybe we get to QSO one day. Even sched various times to make it happen would be cool.

73!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2012, 08:32:20 AM »

I had one QSO with another ham that lasted over three hours!  That was my LONGEST mobile contact!   Grin
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: