Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DXCC Card Checking  (Read 2945 times)
KD4EUH

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 07:31:56 AM »

My sad tale on DXCC is that T5/EI5C (Somalia 19 April 94) and VE3MJQ/YK (Syria 07/06/96) did not file proper documentation with the DXCC desk. These would bring my total up to 322 and 323.   such is life
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »

Has anyone received any QSL's from FO/F6CTL ?

I sent direct for mine right after he shut down operations in July. Nothing yet for those 4 QSO's, 3 countries.

73 N5UD

You are not the only one, I haven't received my FO/F6CTL cards either. Hopefully soon Smiley

And speaking of DXCC card checking, why is it that card checkers are not allowed to check cards from deleted countries? I have a few old cards that I would like to have on my totals but either have to send them to the DXCC desk or wait until I can present them to a ARRL DXCC representative at a Hamfest. Doesn't make much sense to me but maybe I'm missing something.

John K7KB
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 04:04:30 PM by K7KB » Logged
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 05:54:44 PM »

I had my QSL for a confirmation from FRANCE rejected from my initial DXCC application in 1979! I am glad I sent in QSLs for 102 countries (I got credit for 101). The checker said the "3" in the call seemed to be a doctored "5" and rejected the card. I just wish I could get another QSL from France, that would put me at #299.  Grin

paul

Who would 'Doctor" a QSL from France? Your QSL checker must be paranoid.

Chris/NU1O

NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 06:17:01 PM »

Wow, I'm glad you brought that to my attention. 

This summer, I worked FO/F6CTL at two locations:  (1) on Ua Pou in the Marquises, and (2) Rangiroa in the Tuamotu.  In addition to these two, I've worked FO5QJ in Tahiti.  Now that you've brought it to my attention, I see the following in current DXCC list:

FO       French Polynesia             
FO/X     Clipperton Island             
FO0A     Austral Islands               
FO0M     Marquesas Islands         

The second of the two FO/F6CTL QSO's, in the Tuamotu islands, is not listed as a separate entity, and it and the QSL with FO5QJ probably only count for one between them.  But the QSL from Ua Pou should count as a separate entity.

Again, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Basil

Yves, was actually on 4 different islands which counted for 3 different countries.  He always signed FO/F6CTL no matter the Island/Country.  Rangiora, OC-066, counts as French Polynesia.  Rimatara, OC-050, counts as Austral Island.  From the Marquesas Islands Yves operated from Ua Huku, OC-027, and Ua Pou which is also OC-027.

I sent my card to France on July 25th and received one confirming all 3 "Countries" about 6 weeks later.  I then received another QSL a few weeks later even though I did not request a QSL for the QSO.

Very 73,

Chris/NU1O
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: